Old 09-08-2008, 10:20 PM
"Dusty Phillips"

Default Django 1.0 != gerolde -Syu

Hey yall,

Looks like Douglas is on top of things as usual and upgraded Django in
our repos from 0.96 to 1.0. This is great, the new django is flipping
awesome and I've been using the svn version for some other projects
for quite a while now. I can't wait to throw some of the new features
and code at archweb_[pub|dev]

BUT I don't have time to do the upgrade right now. If you -Syu on
gerolde it will break archweb pretty hard. So I suggest adding it to
IgnorePkg for a bit. We're going to have to coordinate a session where
I fix the code locally and we upgrade django and archweb at the same
time. I'm not sure how long it will take to port the code; the last
project I ported was about 20 times bigger than this and it only took
an hour, but I can't promise that. How long before I have time to port
the code is going to be between two weeks and 25 years.

Thought I'd mention this before people start blaming me for not having
a website. =)

Dusty

Old 09-08-2008, 11:00 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Dusty Phillips <buchuki@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you -Syu on gerolde it will break archweb pretty hard. So I
> suggest adding it to IgnorePkg for a bit.

Done

Old 09-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Douglas Soares de Andrade

Dusty Phillips escreveu:

[...]

Hi all,

Thanks for sending this email, Dusty. Things are pretty different in
Django 1.0 and we should really put it in the Ignore list. I will try to
port the archweb code to let us update gerolde (when needed) without
this kind of worry.

Thanks

--
Douglas Soares de Andrade
-- ThreePointsWeb - www.threepointsweb.com

Old 09-09-2008, 12:11 AM
"Dusty Phillips"

2008/9/8 Douglas Soares de Andrade <dsandrade@gmail.com>:
> Dusty Phillips escreveu:
>>
>> Hey yall,
>>
>> Looks like Douglas is on top of things as usual and upgraded Django in
>> our repos from 0.96 to 1.0. This is great, the new django is flipping
>> awesome and I've been using the svn version for some other projects
>> for quite a while now. I can't wait to throw some of the new features
>> and code at archweb_[pub|dev]
>>
>> BUT I don't have time to do the upgrade right now. If you -Syu on
>> gerolde it will break archweb pretty hard. So I suggest adding it to
>> IgnorePkg for a bit. We're going to have to coordinate a session where
>> I fix the code locally and we upgrade django and archweb at the same
>> time. I'm not sure how long it will take to port the code; the last
>> project I ported was about 20 times bigger than this and it only took
>> an hour, but I can't promise that. How long before I have time to port
>> the code is going to be between two weeks and 25 years.
>>
>> Thought I'd mention this before people start blaming me for not having
>> a website. =)
>
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for sending this email, Dusty. Things are pretty different in
> Django 1.0 and we should really put it in the Ignore list. I will try to
> port the archweb code to let us update gerolde (when needed) without
> this kind of worry.

I can do it sometime after September 17th if you're busy until then.
Otherwise, let me know if and when you're working on it so we don't
duplicate effort; it shouldn't take too long (can probably be done in
one sitting) but we can stuff it in a separate branch if we both want
to work on it. I have five versions of django installed locally right
now (0.95, 0.96, two random svn checkouts for different projects, and
1.0), so I can test on pretty much anything. :-D

Dusty

Old 09-17-2008, 12:01 AM
"Dusty Phillips"

2008/9/8 Dusty Phillips <buchuki@gmail.com>:
> 2008/9/8 Douglas Soares de Andrade <dsandrade@gmail.com>:
>> Dusty Phillips escreveu:
>>>
>>> Hey yall,
>>>
>>> Looks like Douglas is on top of things as usual and upgraded Django in
>>> our repos from 0.96 to 1.0. This is great, the new django is flipping
>>> awesome and I've been using the svn version for some other projects
>>> for quite a while now. I can't wait to throw some of the new features
>>> and code at archweb_[pub|dev]
>>>
>>> BUT I don't have time to do the upgrade right now. If you -Syu on
>>> gerolde it will break archweb pretty hard. So I suggest adding it to
>>> IgnorePkg for a bit. We're going to have to coordinate a session where
>>> I fix the code locally and we upgrade django and archweb at the same
>>> time. I'm not sure how long it will take to port the code; the last
>>> project I ported was about 20 times bigger than this and it only took
>>> an hour, but I can't promise that. How long before I have time to port
>>> the code is going to be between two weeks and 25 years.
>>>
>>> Thought I'd mention this before people start blaming me for not having
>>> a website. =)
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Thanks for sending this email, Dusty. Things are pretty different in
>> Django 1.0 and we should really put it in the Ignore list. I will try to
>> port the archweb code to let us update gerolde (when needed) without
>> this kind of worry.
>
> I can do it sometime after September 17th if you're busy until then.
> Otherwise, let me know if and when you're working on it so we don't
> duplicate effort; it shouldn't take too long (can probably be done in
> one sitting) but we can stuff it in a separate branch if we both want
> to work on it. I have five versions of django installed locally right
> now (0.95, 0.96, two random svn checkouts for different projects, and
> 1.0), so I can test on pretty much anything. :-D

Hey Douglas,

I'm working on the archweb_dev code right now, just wanted to give a heads
up in case you intend to do anything with it in the next couple days so we don't
duplicate effort.

Dusty