Old 12-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Eric Belanger

Default syslog-ng 2.0.6-1

In testing for both arch.

Changes: upstream update, rebuilt against libol-less eventlog (close FS#8849), moved location of syslog-ng.persist from /var to
/var/lib/syslog-ng, minor PKGBUILD improvements

Please signoff.

Eric

believed to be clean.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:46 PM
"Dan McGee"

On Dec 8, 2007 6:43 PM, Eric Belanger <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> In testing for both arch.
>
> Changes: upstream update, rebuilt against libol-less eventlog (close FS#8849), moved location of syslog-ng.persist from /var to
> /var/lib/syslog-ng, minor PKGBUILD improvements

Works for me on i686, but not sure when that persist file gets created
or used as it is non-existent on my machine.

-Dan

Old 12-11-2007, 02:18 PM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2007/12/9, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com>:
> On Dec 8, 2007 6:43 PM, Eric Belanger <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> >
> > In testing for both arch.
> >
> > Changes: upstream update, rebuilt against libol-less eventlog (close FS#8849), moved location of syslog-ng.persist from /var to
> > /var/lib/syslog-ng, minor PKGBUILD improvements
>
> Works for me on i686, but not sure when that persist file gets created
> or used as it is non-existent on my machine.

Same here.
Signed off (i686).

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 12-12-2007, 03:18 AM
Eric Belanger

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> On Dec 8, 2007 6:43 PM, Eric Belanger <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>>
>> In testing for both arch.
>>
>> Changes: upstream update, rebuilt against libol-less eventlog (close FS#8849), moved location of syslog-ng.persist from /var to
>> /var/lib/syslog-ng, minor PKGBUILD improvements
>>
>> Please signoff.
>
> Signed off, both arches - ditto with the persist file being missing
> with no indication as to why

For the persist file, try restarting the daemon again. I had to restart it
twice to get the file to appear.

believed to be clean.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:22 AM
"Aaron Griffin"

Old 12-12-2007, 03:33 AM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Dec 11, 2007 10:18 PM, Eric Belanger <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Dec 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>
> > On Dec 8, 2007 6:43 PM, Eric Belanger <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> >>
> >> In testing for both arch.
> >>
> >> Changes: upstream update, rebuilt against libol-less eventlog (close FS#8849), moved location of syslog-ng.persist from /var to
> >> /var/lib/syslog-ng, minor PKGBUILD improvements
> >>
> >> Please signoff.
> >
> > Signed off, both arches - ditto with the persist file being missing
> > with no indication as to why
> >

> For the persist file, try restarting the daemon again. I had to restart it
> twice to get the file to appear.

You're correct - is it possible that the dir is created the first
time? Maybe including an empty dir in the package will fix this?

Old 12-12-2007, 05:00 AM
Eric Belanger

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2007 10:18 PM, Eric Belanger <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>>> Signed off, both arches - ditto with the persist file being missing
>>> with no indication as to why
>>>

>> For the persist file, try restarting the daemon again. I had to restart it
>> twice to get the file to appear.
>
> You're correct - is it possible that the dir is created the first
> time? Maybe including an empty dir in the package will fix this?

The empty directory is already in the package. Maybe adding an empty file
will do the trick. It could be a normal behavior though as I don't know
what this file is used for. I noticed that once created, it is afterward
modified each time the daemon is restarted.

believed to be clean.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Eric Belanger

Changes: upstream update, rebuilt against libol-less eventlog (close FS#8849), moved location of syslog-ng.persist from /var to
/var/lib/syslog-ng, minor PKGBUILD improvements

Please signoff.

Signed off, both arches - ditto with the persist file being missing
with no indication as to why

For the persist file, try restarting the daemon again. I had to restart it
twice to get the file to appear.

You're correct - is it possible that the dir is created the first
time? Maybe including an empty dir in the package will fix this?

The empty directory is already in the package. Maybe adding an empty file
will do the trick. It could be a normal behavior though as I don't know
what this file is used for. I noticed that once created, it is afterward
modified each time the daemon is restarted.

I know I got the required sign-off to move it to core but I just want to
be safe because of the persist file "issue" that was brought up. Is
everything OK? If no one complains in the next few days or if I get
additionnal sign-offs, I'll move it to core (with eventlog).

believed to be clean.