Old 08-31-2008, 05:37 AM
"Aaron Griffin"

Default shadow 4.1.2.1-2

I made some minor changes to shadow, and renamed some files in
addition to the version bump.

This one now has libshadow.so again. Whoopsie.

Please test, and criticize. If someone can build for x86_64, that'd be
appreciated too.

Thanks,
Aaron
:wq

Old 08-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Sonntag 31 August 2008 07:37:57 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> If someone can build for x86_64, that'd be
> appreciated too.

done

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn

Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre@jabber.archlinux.de
WWW http://www.archlinux.de

Old 10-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Eric Belanger

If someone can build for x86_64, that'd be
appreciated too.

done

I haven't noticed any problems on daily usage. I can still login. Signoff
both arches.

believed to be clean.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:43 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Eric Belanger
<belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Aug 2008, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>
>> Am Sonntag 31 August 2008 07:37:57 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
>>>
>>> If someone can build for x86_64, that'd be
>>> appreciated too.
>>
>> done
>>

> I haven't noticed any problems on daily usage. I can still login. Signoff
> both arches.

Wow this is old.

One thing I noticed... is that it seems to be doing that stupid debian
thing where it creates new groups for new users too. I hate that. Can
anyone confirm?

Old 10-09-2008, 09:47 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Eric Belanger
> <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>>> done
>>>

>> I haven't noticed any problems on daily usage. I can still login. Signoff
>> both arches.
>
> Wow this is old.
>
> One thing I noticed... is that it seems to be doing that stupid debian
> thing where it creates new groups for new users too. I hate that. Can
> anyone confirm?

Aha. Xavier contacted me over jabber and I think we fleshed this out.
I'm fairly certain I've always used adduser in the past (the
interactive script) which passes the -g argument to useradd, thus
defaulting to the users group.

useradd has apparently always worked this way. Problem solved (or
rather, it never existed. I just tested the wrong utility)

Old 10-09-2008, 10:41 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Eric Belanger
<belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Aug 2008, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>
>> Am Sonntag 31 August 2008 07:37:57 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
>>>
>>> If someone can build for x86_64, that'd be
>>> appreciated too.
>>
>> done
>>

> I haven't noticed any problems on daily usage. I can still login. Signoff
> both arches.

One more signoff for x86_64 please. This has been in testing for ages.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Allan McRae

Aaron Griffin wrote:

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Eric Belanger
If someone can build for x86_64, that'd be
appreciated too.

done

I haven't noticed any problems on daily usage. I can still login. Signoff
both arches.

One more signoff for x86_64 please. This has been in testing for ages.

I'll add a signoff, both arches.

Allan