Old 08-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Eric Belanger

Default Update to bluez 4.1: package rename, SONAME bump and new dbus interface

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, Thomas Bächler wrote:

So I took the time to update bluez to 4.1. The bluez-libs and bluez-utils
packages have been merged into the bluez package.

The SONAME has been bumped to libbluetooth.so.3 and the dbus interface is
incompatible to the one in bluez 3. bluez-gnome has been ported to the new
interface (didn't update that, I guess it has a maintainer). Unfortunately,
the rest might not be ported to bluez 4 yet, so this will probably stay in
testing for a while.

Please use this thread to track any problems with this.

The provides fields don't work. I guess you'll need to add the version
there.

$ sudo pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
testing is up to date
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace bluez-libs with testing/bluez? [Y/n]
:: Replace bluez-utils with testing/bluez? [Y/n]
warning: imagemagick: local (6.4.3.5-1) is newer than extra (6.4.2.10-1)
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: gnokii: requires bluez-libs>=3.32
:: gvfs: requires bluez-libs>=3.31

believed to be clean.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Thomas Bächler

Eric Belanger schrieb:
The provides fields don't work. I guess you'll need to add the version
there.

$ sudo pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
testing is up to date
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace bluez-libs with testing/bluez? [Y/n]
:: Replace bluez-utils with testing/bluez? [Y/n]
warning: imagemagick: local (6.4.3.5-1) is newer than extra (6.4.2.10-1)
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: gnokii: requires bluez-libs>=3.32
:: gvfs: requires bluez-libs>=3.31

You're right. But on the other hand, those packages probably need
rebuilds anyway, at least if they link to libbluetooth.so.