Old 08-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Allan McRae

Default ncurses 5.6-8

Hi all,

I have been told that not including the libncurses.so.5 library breaks
"many, many, many" binary blobs so I had to re-include that in the
ncurses package. Building on Arch will still link to the wide-character
libraries. It does now mean that the total rebuild was not necessary
but given over two thirds of the packages rebuilt had some sort of
clean-up (license/arch/md5sum/man page) and that wide-character support
is good, it was not a complete waste.

So signoff both arches please. I would like to move these on Monday if
possible.

As a reminder of the [core] rebuilds that occured are:

bash
readline
dialog
gettext
grub
less
nano
procinfo
procps
psmisc
texinfo
util-linux-ng (see below)
vi (see below)
gpm
heimdal
initscrits
isdn4k-utils
links
netkit-telnet

For your information, the following packages were not just plain
rebuilds and so probably require more attention in signing off:

vi - bump to the latest patchset
util-linux-ng - Required update and switch to the newer cryptloop
support patch mentioned in an old comment in the previous PKGBUILD to build

Cheers,
Allan

Old 08-31-2008, 04:07 AM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 6:20 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been told that not including the libncurses.so.5 library breaks
> "many, many, many" binary blobs so I had to re-include that in the ncurses
> package. Building on Arch will still link to the wide-character libraries.
> It does now mean that the total rebuild was not necessary but given over
> two thirds of the packages rebuilt had some sort of clean-up
> (license/arch/md5sum/man page) and that wide-character support is good, it
> was not a complete waste.
> So signoff both arches please. I would like to move these on Monday if
> possible.
>
> As a reminder of the [core] rebuilds that occured are:
>
> bash
> readline
> dialog
> gettext
> grub
> less
> nano
> procinfo
> procps
> psmisc
> texinfo
> util-linux-ng (see below)
> vi (see below)
> gpm
> heimdal
> initscrits
> isdn4k-utils
> links
> netkit-telnet
>
> For your information, the following packages were not just plain rebuilds
> and so probably require more attention in signing off:
> vi - bump to the latest patchset
> util-linux-ng - Required update and switch to the newer cryptloop support
> patch mentioned in an old comment in the previous PKGBUILD to build

The following are working fine with normal usage: bash, readline,
gettext, grub, less, vi, and initscripts, so I'll throw a general
signoff for i686 your way

Old 08-31-2008, 12:36 PM
Jan de Groot

On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 21:20 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been told that not including the libncurses.so.5 library breaks
> "many, many, many" binary blobs so I had to re-include that in the
> ncurses package. Building on Arch will still link to the wide-character
> libraries. It does now mean that the total rebuild was not necessary
> but given over two thirds of the packages rebuilt had some sort of
> clean-up (license/arch/md5sum/man page) and that wide-character support
> is good, it was not a complete waste.
>
> So signoff both arches please. I would like to move these on Monday if
> possible.
>
> As a reminder of the [core] rebuilds that occured are:
>
> bash
> readline
> dialog
> gettext
> grub
> less
> nano
> procinfo
> procps
> psmisc
> texinfo
> util-linux-ng (see below)
> vi (see below)
> gpm
> heimdal
> initscrits
> isdn4k-utils
> links
> netkit-telnet
>
> For your information, the following packages were not just plain
> rebuilds and so probably require more attention in signing off:
> vi - bump to the latest patchset
> util-linux-ng - Required update and switch to the newer cryptloop
> support patch mentioned in an old comment in the previous PKGBUILD to build
>
> Cheers,
> Allan

signed off for x86_64.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Allan McRae

Allan McRae wrote:

Hi all,

I have been told that not including the libncurses.so.5 library breaks
"many, many, many" binary blobs so I had to re-include that in the
ncurses package. Building on Arch will still link to the
wide-character libraries. It does now mean that the total rebuild was
not necessary but given over two thirds of the packages rebuilt had
some sort of clean-up (license/arch/md5sum/man page) and that
wide-character support is good, it was not a complete waste.
So signoff both arches please. I would like to move these on Monday
if possible.

These rebuilds have now been moved to the main repos.

Allan