Old 08-28-2008, 09:37 PM
"Roman Kyrylych"

Default the return to work, and questions...

Hi!

[preface]
As some of you may notice through pacman patches and bugspam
- I've _finally_ got issues sorted out and put my lazy ass in front of
my Arch box^W laptop.
So don't wonder if you'll get silly questions from me about the
current status of things.

This is the first such mail.

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6174
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7864
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9332
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9811
All these reports are about festival which is long-time orphan.
Does anyone want to maintain it? If not - I suggest drop it to AUR so
users can take care of it.

Similar situations is with some of Damir's packages.
Does anyone know what happened to him?
And what we should do with scientific packages he maintained?

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 08-28-2008, 09:42 PM
"Ronald van Haren"

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Roman Kyrylych
<roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:

> Similar situations is with some of Damir's packages.
> Does anyone know what happened to him?
> And what we should do with scientific packages he maintained?
>
> --
> Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

I can take all of them if he is not arround anymore, maybe pushing
some back to AUR of there are irrelevant packages in that list. All
others I can take. Though I think I cannot take them if he is still
set as maintainer (or maybe he's still arround?)

Ronald

Old 08-28-2008, 11:40 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Ronald van Haren <pressh@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Roman Kyrylych
> <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Similar situations is with some of Damir's packages.
>> Does anyone know what happened to him?
>> And what we should do with scientific packages he maintained?
>>
>> --
>> Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)
>>

> I can take all of them if he is not arround anymore, maybe pushing
> some back to AUR of there are irrelevant packages in that list. All
> others I can take. Though I think I cannot take them if he is still
> set as maintainer (or maybe he's still arround?)

Yeah, if you ping me with the package names, I can set you as a
maintainer - anyone with django god powers can do that via the admin
interface, PS (I think this includes Jason, Jan, Dusty, and myself...)

Old 08-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Eric Belanger

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Roman Kyrylych
Similar situations is with some of Damir's packages.
Does anyone know what happened to him?
And what we should do with scientific packages he maintained?

--
Roman Kyrylych (????? ???????)

I can take all of them if he is not arround anymore, maybe pushing
some back to AUR of there are irrelevant packages in that list. All
others I can take. Though I think I cannot take them if he is still
set as maintainer (or maybe he's still arround?)

Ronald

I could also take some of them if he is not arround anymore.
Eric

believed to be clean.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:56 AM
Jan de Groot

On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 00:37 +0300, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> Hi!
>
> [preface]
> As some of you may notice through pacman patches and bugspam
> - I've _finally_ got issues sorted out and put my lazy ass in front of
> my Arch box^W laptop.
> So don't wonder if you'll get silly questions from me about the
> current status of things.
>
> This is the first such mail.
>
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6174
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7864
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9332
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9811
> All these reports are about festival which is long-time orphan.
> Does anyone want to maintain it? If not - I suggest drop it to AUR so
> users can take care of it.
>
> Similar situations is with some of Damir's packages.
> Does anyone know what happened to him?
> And what we should do with scientific packages he maintained?

Festival is the only backend we support in gnome-speech at this moment,
but that doesn't matter anyways, as I will import espeak from community
soon and add it as a dependency for gnome-speech. It was requested
recently, as espeak works much better than festival.