Old 08-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Andreas Radke

Default nano 2.0.8-1

update to 2.0.8-1:

2008/08/24 - GNU nano 2.0.8 is what she said. This release contains
fixes for several long standing issues, including:
crashing when starting with too small a window size,
compilation fixes for AIX curses, crashes in the
help menu using some locales, and a fun issue where
nano mistalenly reports a successful file write on
filesystems which are almost completely full. Have
at it.

I have disabled all line wrapping to prevent broken config files like
this: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11290

-Please signoff (also ncurses related)

-Andy

Old 08-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Eduardo Romero

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 14:57 +0200, Andreas Radke wrote:

> I have disabled all line wrapping to prevent broken config files like
> this: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11290
>
> -Please signoff (also ncurses related)
>
> -Andy
It will take me a bit to stop typing nano -w [file] every time, but
well, I have tested it and edited some files. All seems fine, signoff
i686

Old 09-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Eduardo Romero

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 14:57 +0200, Andreas Radke wrote:
> I have disabled all line wrapping to prevent broken config files like
> this: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11290
>
> -Please signoff (also ncurses related)
>
> -Andy
Just a thought, and I hope is not too late. Wouldn't it be better to
make the installer use 'nano -w' instead of just 'nano'? We have just
removed a functionality from the nano package by disabling line wrapping
from the package itself. Also, I'm having a hard time getting used to
not type, 'nano -w' when I want to edit a file, that command just
doesn't work anymore.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:40 AM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Eduardo Romero <k3nsai@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 14:57 +0200, Andreas Radke wrote:
>> I have disabled all line wrapping to prevent broken config files like
>> this: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11290
>>
>> -Please signoff (also ncurses related)
>>
>> -Andy
> Just a thought, and I hope is not too late. Wouldn't it be better to
> make the installer use 'nano -w' instead of just 'nano'? We have just
> removed a functionality from the nano package by disabling line wrapping
> from the package itself. Also, I'm having a hard time getting used to
> not type, 'nano -w' when I want to edit a file, that command just
> doesn't work anymore.

I apparently had line wrapping turned on in my /etc/nanorc too that
yelled at me. I kinda agree with Eduardo here. Maybe we should
re-enable this.

Either way, this works fine for me on i686, so I'm signed off.