Old 08-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Default openssl-0.9.8h-4 and ca-certificates-20080809-2

Hi all,

It would be nice if you could test those packages and give me a signoff asap.

I just changed the dependencies to achive that openssl is installed before ca-
certificates. The install script of ca-certificates needs openssl. If it fails
there won't be a certificate bundle. As a result prgroams which use qca,
kdelibs, openssl curl etc. will complain about unkown certs.

Only new installs are affected by this.

Pierre

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn

Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre@jabber.archlinux.de
WWW http://www.archlinux.de

Old 08-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Eric Belanger

It would be nice if you could test those packages and give me a signoff asap.

I just changed the dependencies to achive that openssl is installed before ca-
certificates. The install script of ca-certificates needs openssl. If it fails
there won't be a certificate bundle. As a result prgroams which use qca,
kdelibs, openssl curl etc. will complain about unkown certs.

Only new installs are affected by this.

Pierre

signoff both arches.

$ curl https://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org/
was able to download the web page. And ssh client/server still works fine
too.

believed to be clean.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Eric Belanger