Old 08-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Allan McRae

Default ncurses rebuilds in testing

Hi all,

I have pushed the ncurses wide-character library rebuilds for i686 to
the [testing] repo. There are bound to be packages I missed so it would
be good if people run lddd and let me know if further rebuilds are
needed. Note libncurses.so and libcurses.so might appear to be in the
package but they are not real libraries... (run cat on them to see).

x86_64 builds are mostly done and will be uploaded tomorrow.

Allan

Old 08-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Eric Belanger

I have pushed the ncurses wide-character library rebuilds for i686 to the
[testing] repo. There are bound to be packages I missed so it would be good
if people run lddd and let me know if further rebuilds are needed. Note
libncurses.so and libcurses.so might appear to be in the package but they are
not real libraries... (run cat on them to see).

missing rebuilds from extra:

lftp
xine-ui
cmake
xemacs
dopewars
libqalculate
libgda
gnuplot
parted
timidity++
abiword-plugins
guile

I'm forwarding this to the AUR ML as this is a major rebuild. If you use
the testing repo and packages in community, be careful. Several community
packages (and also packages built from custom/unsupported PKGBUILD) will
break as they will need to be rebuild against the ncurses in testing. The
community packages will be rebuilt once ncurses will be moved to core.
Meanwhile, either stop using the testing repo or rebuild the packages
yourself.

believed to be clean.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:35 AM
Allan McRae

Allan McRae wrote:

Hi all,

I have pushed the ncurses wide-character library rebuilds for i686 to
the [testing] repo. There are bound to be packages I missed so it
would be good if people run lddd and let me know if further rebuilds
are needed. Note libncurses.so and libcurses.so might appear to be
in the package but they are not real libraries... (run cat on them to
see).

x86_64 builds are mostly done and will be uploaded tomorrow.

x86_64 builds are now in [testing].

I had a couple of x86_64 build failures that I didn't find easy fixes for:
iptraf-3.0.0-2
yabasic-2.763-3

And there are a few packages which need rebuilt in which the current
source line is bad:

achessclock
giftcurs
hexcurse (md5sum failure. Url seems to be a squatter site..)
ne

And this can be fixed when it gets updated...
archboot (currently dependencies can not be satisfied)

I will create an internal dev TODO list to keep track of these and the
rebuilds Eric pointed out.

Allan

Old 08-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Allan McRae

Eric Belanger wrote:

missing rebuilds from extra:

lftp
xine-ui
cmake
xemacs
dopewars
libqalculate
libgda
gnuplot
parted
timidity++
abiword-plugins
guile

Done for i686. x86_64 rebuilds for these will occur either tomorrow or
the next day (depending on how well I play poker tomorrow night...).
Anyone else is free to build them for me

Allan

Old 08-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Andreas Radke

Am Sun, 17 Aug 2008 21:37:18 +1000
schrieb Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>:

> Hi all,
>
> I have pushed the ncurses wide-character library rebuilds for i686 to
> the [testing] repo. There are bound to be packages I missed so it
> would be good if people run lddd and let me know if further rebuilds
> are needed. Note libncurses.so and libcurses.so might appear to be
> in the package but they are not real libraries... (run cat on them
> to see).
>
> x86_64 builds are mostly done and will be uploaded tomorrow.
>
> Allan

While you are at it why don't you add all the hidden ncurses
dependencies to the PKGBUILDs in a versionized form ('ncursed>=5.6-7')?
Would make the next rebuild session much easier.

I still wonder what you have done to my lftp that you need a minor
sub pkgrel number for i686...

What are your plans for moving packages to core/extra?

BTW: congrats for the August commit award

-Andy

Old 08-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Eric Belanger

While you are at it why don't you add all the hidden ncurses
dependencies to the PKGBUILDs in a versionized form ('ncursed>=5.6-7')?
Would make the next rebuild session much easier.

The new packages will run with the old ncurses so it is not really a
versioned dependency in that direction. I have made an annotated rebuild
list that I will add to the DeveloperWiki for the next ncurses rebuild.

I'm currently doing some rebuild for x86_64. I'm adding an explicit
ncurses dependency.

I still wonder what you have done to my lftp that you need a minor
sub pkgrel number for i686...

Shhh, I might have built the i686 package in the wrong chroot...

What are your plans for moving packages to core/extra?

I will call for sign-offs to core packages once rebuilds are finished. Then,
if no-one reports anything gone wrong, this can all move to the main repos.

Allan

believed to be clean.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:55 AM
Eric Belanger

I have pushed the ncurses wide-character library rebuilds for i686 to the
[testing] repo. There are bound to be packages I missed so it would be
good if people run lddd and let me know if further rebuilds are needed.
Note libncurses.so and libcurses.so might appear to be in the package but
they are not real libraries... (run cat on them to see).

x86_64 builds are mostly done and will be uploaded tomorrow.

x86_64 builds are now in [testing].

I had a couple of x86_64 build failures that I didn't find easy fixes for:
iptraf-3.0.0-2
yabasic-2.763-3

And there are a few packages which need rebuilt in which the current source
line is bad:

achessclock

Both home page and source have disappeared. The first pages returned by
Google only point to the Arch website or Arch mirrors. IMO, we should just
remove it.

giftcurs
hexcurse (md5sum failure. Url seems to be a squatter site..)

Both done.

ne

Google had cached the page a couple of days ago. Probably temporary
network/hardware problems. It should be checked again in a few days. BTW,
the package in extra is out-of date.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Allan McRae

Eric Belanger wrote:

Google had cached the page a couple of days ago. Probably temporary
network/hardware problems. It should be checked again in a few days.
BTW, the package in extra is out-of date.

I found a mirrored tarball for the version currently in the repos so
have rebuilt that for the time being.