Old 08-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Andreas Radke

Default libwebkit

Webkit developers have recently released a stable release:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/release-team/2008-June/msg00047.html

It's no more needed to use svn snapshots. I'd like to bring such a pkg
"libwebkit" based on our AUR pkg wegkitgtk-svn now to testing and then
soon to extra. More and more applications will make use of it.

The first application I'd like to build using webkit for extra is
the Midori webbrowser. Since yesterday it's part of Xfce project and
will probably soon step forward. There's also a webkit plugin for
claws-mail in developement I could integrate it into the
claws-mail-extra-plugins package.

Any objections adding libwebkit and midori right now to our repos?

To the qt world: Right now all other major distributions stick with QT's
internal webkit for all qt applications (Debian/Fedora). I also wouldn't
know an easy way to have a common or two non-conflicting libwebkit
packages. Please publish your suggestions if you know a better easy way.

-Andy