Old 08-09-2008, 10:56 AM
"Ronald van Haren"

Default cleaning up games in extra

Hi!

When I was adding licenses last week I went through the games
category. I know we don't have a lot of games in our repo
(relatively), but some just seem to be there for historic purposes.

I'll start making a list of most ancient games for you to comment on
which we can delete. That is, if nobody says something like 'please
don't remove them, I like playing old games'

Ronald

Old 08-09-2008, 04:56 PM
"Daenyth Blank"

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 6:56 AM, Ronald van Haren <pressh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When I was adding licenses last week I went through the games
> category. I know we don't have a lot of games in our repo
> (relatively), but some just seem to be there for historic purposes.
>
> I'll start making a list of most ancient games for you to comment on
> which we can delete. That is, if nobody says something like 'please
> don't remove them, I like playing old games'
>
> Ronald
It might help you to look at the arch-games repo.
http://github.com/Stythys/arch-games/tree/master
If you're interested in helping with the repo itself, talk to Stythys
in #archlinux-games or mail arch-games@twilightlair.net

Old 08-09-2008, 07:21 PM
"Ronald van Haren"

so I made an initial games cleanup list open for discussion.
Please use this thread for discussion, and the wiki page[1] to add
comments/games to the list.

Further note that most of the games have only a maintainer set for one
architecture.
Two of the games are without maintainer and are only in one repo.

I should add that I don't know most (if any) of the games, so it may
be that some games are popular.

Ronald

[1] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/~pressh/cleanup_games

Old 08-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Eric Belanger

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008, Ronald van Haren wrote:

so I made an initial games cleanup list open for discussion.
Please use this thread for discussion, and the wiki page[1] to add
comments/games to the list.

Further note that most of the games have only a maintainer set for one
architecture.

That's probably caused by the dashboard glitch that accidentally orphaned
packages a while ago.

Two of the games are without maintainer and are only in one repo.

I should add that I don't know most (if any) of the games, so it may
be that some games are popular.

Ronald

[1] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/~pressh/cleanup_games

It might be nice to know which ones are still working and building. I
think that the 2 games which are not in x86_64 don't build anymore.
Eventually, we'll need to rebuild them all to have the licence included in
the package. If they don't build anymore and if there are no patches/fixes
out there, it's no use to fix their licence in svn.

On 8/9/08, Ronald van Haren <pressh@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi!

When I was adding licenses last week I went through the games
category. I know we don't have a lot of games in our repo
(relatively), but some just seem to be there for historic purposes.

I'll start making a list of most ancient games for you to comment on
which we can delete. That is, if nobody says something like 'please
don't remove them, I like playing old games'

Ronald

believed to be clean.