Old 08-09-2008, 10:45 AM
"Ronald van Haren"

Default adding packages to extra

Hey guys!

I'd like to add wxmaxima (a proper frontend to maxima) to the extra repo.
Further, Andreas asked me to include ristretto (xfce image viewer) in
the extra repo.

Atm I maintain both packages in community. Please let me know if you
have any objections to one (or both) of the packages.

I may wait a week before I start the move as I'm only on my i686
laptop for the week to come (there is still no x86_64 build machine
right?) Don't want to increase your workload too much

Ronald

Old 08-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Andreas Radke

Am Sat, 9 Aug 2008 12:45:34 +0200
schrieb "Ronald van Haren" <pressh@gmail.com>:

> I may wait a week before I start the move as I'm only on my i686
> laptop for the week to come (there is still no x86_64 build machine
> right?) Don't want to increase your workload too much
>
> Ronald

Just send me a mail or drop me a message in icq/jabber/msn and I will
build the missing packages. I can always help out and bump any Xfce
package.

No idea if maxima is useful at all. If there is enough interest a
common frontend always makes sense.

-Andy

Old 08-09-2008, 11:07 AM
"Ronald van Haren"

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> Just send me a mail or drop me a message in icq/jabber/msn and I will
> build the missing packages. I can always help out and bump any Xfce
> package.

okay. thanks

> No idea if maxima is useful at all. If there is enough interest a
> common frontend always makes sense.
>
> -Andy

it has little over 50 votes, though that doesn't tell too much as it
is in community since at least 2005 (people seem to stop voting once a
package is included). We seem to have two maintainers for the maxima
package, so maybe one of them can comment on it.

Ronald

Old 08-11-2008, 05:34 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 5:45 AM, Ronald van Haren <pressh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys!
>
> I'd like to add wxmaxima (a proper frontend to maxima) to the extra repo.
> Further, Andreas asked me to include ristretto (xfce image viewer) in
> the extra repo.
>
> Atm I maintain both packages in community. Please let me know if you
> have any objections to one (or both) of the packages.

No problems from my end. I dunno how popular wxmaxima is for maxima,
but I know maxima is fairly popular.