-   -   Core maintainers (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/13999-core-maintainers.html)

"Aaron Griffin" 12-06-2007 07:24 PM

Core maintainers

Hey guys,
I just wanted to bring this up. It's not a huge deal, but it kinda bugs me.

When we did the core move, I lost a ton of packages that are now in
core. It appears that no one kept track of the maintainers when we
moved from current -> core, and I lost some packages that I actually
valued quite a bit.

Now, again, it's not a huge deal, but I noticed a lot of complaints
regarding core orphans at first, when it would have been much easier
to just keep track of the old maintainers.

So, that said, if anyone has core packages they either don't think are
important, or don't care enough about, let me know, because I
apparently have like 2 or 3 core packages only.

Thanks,
Aaron

Eric Belanger 12-06-2007 08:11 PM

Core maintainers

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> Hey guys,
> I just wanted to bring this up. It's not a huge deal, but it kinda bugs me.
>
> When we did the core move, I lost a ton of packages that are now in
> core. It appears that no one kept track of the maintainers when we
> moved from current -> core, and I lost some packages that I actually
> valued quite a bit.
>
> Now, again, it's not a huge deal, but I noticed a lot of complaints
> regarding core orphans at first, when it would have been much easier
> to just keep track of the old maintainers.
>
> So, that said, if anyone has core packages they either don't think are
> important, or don't care enough about, let me know, because I
> apparently have like 2 or 3 core packages only.
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron

Of my core packages, I only care for gpm and texinfo. The rest (list
below) are pretty much up for grabs if the previous maintainer or anyone
else has interest in them:

mailx
pcre
procinfo
procps
psmisc
sysvinit
bison
eventlog
libol (if we keep it)

Aaron: BTW, do you want your screen package back? If so, go for it. It'll
need to be moved to extra though.

Eric

believed to be clean.

"Aaron Griffin" 12-06-2007 08:28 PM

Core maintainers

On Dec 6, 2007 3:11 PM, Eric Belanger <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> procps
> psmisc
> sysvinit

I can grab these guys if you don't want them, though I expect they
don't change all that much - being very command line oriented I use
like 75% of the binaries in there daily

> Aaron: BTW, do you want your screen package back? If so, go for it. It'll
> need to be moved to extra though.

Sure, I was planning on moving that to extra either tonight or
tomorrow, I can do it then (as the interface will orphan it when I
move it)