Old 08-07-2008, 04:00 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

Default oooqs2 (OpenOffice quickstarter)

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> I want to remove oooqs2 completely from extra repo. OOo start time has
> improved a lot since we build it from source against our system libs.
> oooqs2 was developed for kde3 that we don't support anymore. It seems
> to be a dead project.
>
> Any concerns removing it or somebody wants to take over the pkg?

Not here, I say go ahead and kill it.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:26 PM
"Hugo Doria"

Hey guys,

Dont forget to take a look here:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Repo_CleanUp

-- Hugo

Old 08-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Donnerstag 07 August 2008 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> > I want to remove oooqs2 completely from extra repo. OOo start time has
> > improved a lot since we build it from source against our system libs.
> > oooqs2 was developed for kde3 that we don't support anymore. It seems
> > to be a dead project.
> >
> > Any concerns removing it or somebody wants to take over the pkg?
>
> Not here, I say go ahead and kill it.
yes kill it i wanted to drop it long time ago anyway
greetings
tpowa

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 08-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Eric Belanger

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, Hugo Doria wrote:

Hey guys,

Dont forget to take a look here:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Repo_CleanUp

-- Hugo

That wiki page is old and not up-to-date. A lot of issues mentionned in it
are now moot.

believed to be clean.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:09 PM
"Hugo Doria"

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Eric Belanger
<belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> That wiki page is old and not up-to-date. A lot of issues mentionned in it
> are now moot.

I clean up the page.

Now almost all packages listed on there are still in [extra] or
[core]. I think we can add some more packages to the list and begin
working on it.

-- Hugo

Old 08-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Eric Belanger

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008, Hugo Doria wrote:

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Eric Belanger
<belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

That wiki page is old and not up-to-date. A lot of issues mentionned in it
are now moot.

I clean up the page.

Now almost all packages listed on there are still in [extra] or
[core]. I think we can add some more packages to the list and begin
working on it.

-- Hugo

I still say forget that list. It has 2 major problems.
1. The suggestions to move a package in community when we don't even know
if a TU is willing top adopt it are bad. The community repo doesn't
need more orphaned packages.
2. If a dev is willing to maintain a package in extra, why should we force
him to move his package to community/unsupported? For example, we
are not moving the games to community. This was all discussed before.

If you want to work on a repo cleanup, ask for sysop privileges for
the wiki and update the orphaned packages list:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Repo_Cleanup

You can add a section for the old broken apps (kde3 apps that no longer
build, achessclock could go there too, perhaps the old games).

Eric

believed to be clean.