Old 08-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Jan de Groot

Default bzip2 1.0.5-3

Please signoff bzip2 for both architectures.
This release fixes http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10935

Old 08-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Sonntag 03 August 2008 13:47:45 schrieb Jan de Groot:
> Please signoff bzip2 for both architectures.
> This release fixes http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10935

Any idea how this could happen:

error: could not prepare transaction
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
bzip2: /lib/libbz2.so.1 exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
1 pierre@opteron ~ % LANG=C pacman -Qo /lib/libbz2.so.1
error: No package owns /lib/libbz2.so.1

Was this link created by an install script before?

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn

Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre@jabber.archlinux.de
WWW http://www.archlinux.de

Old 08-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Jan de Groot

On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 17:19 +0200, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Am Sonntag 03 August 2008 13:47:45 schrieb Jan de Groot:
> > Please signoff bzip2 for both architectures.
> > This release fixes http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10935
>
> Any idea how this could happen:
>
> error: could not prepare transaction
> error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
> bzip2: /lib/libbz2.so.1 exists in filesystem
> Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
> 1 pierre@opteron ~ % LANG=C pacman -Qo /lib/libbz2.so.1
> error: No package owns /lib/libbz2.so.1
>
> Was this link created by an install script before?

I guess you already created that symlink by hand because some binary
program failed to run without the symlink.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:57 AM
Eric Belanger

Please signoff bzip2 for both architectures.
This release fixes http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10935

Any idea how this could happen:

error: could not prepare transaction
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
bzip2: /lib/libbz2.so.1 exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
1 pierre@opteron ~ % LANG=C pacman -Qo /lib/libbz2.so.1
error: No package owns /lib/libbz2.so.1

Was this link created by an install script before?

I guess you already created that symlink by hand because some binary
program failed to run without the symlink.

Works fine here. signoff both arches.

believed to be clean.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:20 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Eric Belanger
<belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Aug 2008, Jan de Groot wrote:

>>> Any idea how this could happen:
>>>
>>> error: could not prepare transaction
>>> error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
>>> bzip2: /lib/libbz2.so.1 exists in filesystem
>>> Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
>>> 1 pierre@opteron ~ % LANG=C pacman -Qo /lib/libbz2.so.1
>>> error: No package owns /lib/libbz2.so.1
>>>
>>> Was this link created by an install script before?
>>
>> I guess you already created that symlink by hand because some binary
>> program failed to run without the symlink.
>>

> Works fine here. signoff both arches.

Same. Signoff x86_64