FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Pierre Schmitz
 
Default request repo cleanup

Hey guys,

during the KDE3 rebuild we have noticed many old/broken/orphaned/useless
packages in [extra]. (some of them are listed at
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE3_Rebuild)

So it would be nice if someone could look into it and organize a repo cleanup.
This would include (re)moving packages and maybe fixing broken PKGBUILDs.

Pierre

--

Pierre Schmitz


Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn

Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre@jabber.archlinux.de
WWW http://www.archlinux.de
 
Old 07-29-2008, 03:49 PM
"Hugo Doria"
 
Default request repo cleanup

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> during the KDE3 rebuild we have noticed many old/broken/orphaned/useless
> packages in [extra]. (some of them are listed at
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE3_Rebuild)
>
> So it would be nice if someone could look into it and organize a repo cleanup.
> This would include (re)moving packages and maybe fixing broken PKGBUILDs.

I created a wiki page for this:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Repo_CleanUp

I think its a start and we can put all packages that should be
removed/moved there.

Also i think that we should solve the orphans problem. There are more
than 900 orphans in [extra].

-- Hugo
 
Old 07-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Grigorios Bouzakis
 
Default request repo cleanup

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 12:49:51PM -0300, Hugo Doria wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> I created a wiki page for this:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Repo_CleanUp
>
> I think its a start and we can put all packages that should be
> removed/moved there.
>
> Also i think that we should solve the orphans problem. There are more
> than 900 orphans in [extra].

There are also some other packages the developers maintaining them have
expressed the desire to move them to unsupported.

libivusal-bmp
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9026

& ivman
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5582 http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9010

Greg
 
Old 07-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Grigorios Bouzakis
 
Default request repo cleanup

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 07:00:00PM +0300, Grigorios Bouzakis wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 12:49:51PM -0300, Hugo Doria wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> > I created a wiki page for this:
> > http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Repo_CleanUp
> >
> > I think its a start and we can put all packages that should be
> > removed/moved there.
> >
> > Also i think that we should solve the orphans problem. There are more
> > than 900 orphans in [extra].
>
> There are also some other packages the developers maintaining them have
> expressed the desire to move them to unsupported.
>
> libivusal-bmp
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9026
>
> & ivman
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5582 http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9010

I would also like to point that festival doesnt seem to have a
maintainer at all since Simo quit.
Other packages that might IMO be candidates are bittorrent, xconq,
cdtool, tuxmath, cmatrix, tcdr.

Greg
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:12 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org