-   -   request repo cleanup (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/132546-request-repo-cleanup.html)

Pierre Schmitz 07-27-2008 05:34 PM

request repo cleanup

Hey guys,

during the KDE3 rebuild we have noticed many old/broken/orphaned/useless
packages in [extra]. (some of them are listed at
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE3_Rebuild)

So it would be nice if someone could look into it and organize a repo cleanup.
This would include (re)moving packages and maybe fixing broken PKGBUILDs.

Pierre

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn

Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre@jabber.archlinux.de
WWW http://www.archlinux.de

"Hugo Doria" 07-29-2008 03:49 PM

request repo cleanup

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> during the KDE3 rebuild we have noticed many old/broken/orphaned/useless
> packages in [extra]. (some of them are listed at
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE3_Rebuild)
>
> So it would be nice if someone could look into it and organize a repo cleanup.
> This would include (re)moving packages and maybe fixing broken PKGBUILDs.

I created a wiki page for this:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Repo_CleanUp

I think its a start and we can put all packages that should be
removed/moved there.

Also i think that we should solve the orphans problem. There are more
than 900 orphans in [extra].

-- Hugo

Grigorios Bouzakis 07-29-2008 04:00 PM

request repo cleanup

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 12:49:51PM -0300, Hugo Doria wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> I created a wiki page for this:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Repo_CleanUp
>
> I think its a start and we can put all packages that should be
> removed/moved there.
>
> Also i think that we should solve the orphans problem. There are more
> than 900 orphans in [extra].

There are also some other packages the developers maintaining them have
expressed the desire to move them to unsupported.

libivusal-bmp
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9026

& ivman
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5582 http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9010

Greg

Grigorios Bouzakis 07-29-2008 04:22 PM

request repo cleanup

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 07:00:00PM +0300, Grigorios Bouzakis wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 12:49:51PM -0300, Hugo Doria wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> > I created a wiki page for this:
> > http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Repo_CleanUp
> >
> > I think its a start and we can put all packages that should be
> > removed/moved there.
> >
> > Also i think that we should solve the orphans problem. There are more
> > than 900 orphans in [extra].
>
> There are also some other packages the developers maintaining them have
> expressed the desire to move them to unsupported.
>
> libivusal-bmp
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9026
>
> & ivman
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5582 http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9010

I would also like to point that festival doesnt seem to have a
maintainer at all since Simo quit.
Other packages that might IMO be candidates are bittorrent, xconq,
cdtool, tuxmath, cmatrix, tcdr.

Greg