Old 07-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Default Almost there

Hi devs,

we have almost finished the needed rebuilds for the move to extra of KDE.
(thanks to Hugo and Eric, who helpd me)

I have updated the Wiki entry:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE3_Rebuild
Please have a look; especially at the "does not compile anymore" section. I
don't think any of them are critical and no showstoppers. They might just work
without a recompile when installing kdelibs3.

Some i686 rebuilds still have to be done. See
http://www.archlinux.de/?page=ArchitectureDifferences. (visit #archlinux-dev
if you want to help rebuilding)

I'll do some more checls on our pkgdb to see if I haven't missed anything
important which would break with the move.

No real bug was reported till now; so I think if nothing goes wrong packages
could be movedd tonight or tomorrow. (which would make them available one or
two days later depending on the mirrors)

Perhaps I'll have some time to set up a page with some Tips and known bugs for
KDE 4.

Pierre
--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn

Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre@jabber.archlinux.de
WWW http://www.archlinux.de

Old 07-27-2008, 06:07 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 8:52 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> I have updated the Wiki entry:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE3_Rebuild
> Please have a look; especially at the "does not compile anymore" section. I
> don't think any of them are critical and no showstoppers. They might just work
> without a recompile when installing kdelibs3.

The skim error looks like the SConscript just doesn't support
--prefix. Probably easy to fix. If I get a chance tonight, I'll take a
look at it

Old 07-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Sonntag 27 Juli 2008 15:52:12 schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> I think if nothing goes wrong packages
> could be movedd tonight or tomorrow.

I did my best to get nomoinated for the commit-list-spam award. Everything
moved to extra now and hopefully all old kde3 stuff (like arts, i18n ..) moved
to the dust bin.

This means testing is free for other cool rebuilds now. :-)

Old 07-28-2008, 04:31 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Sonntag 27 Juli 2008 15:52:12 schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
>> I think if nothing goes wrong packages
>> could be movedd tonight or tomorrow.
>
> I did my best to get nomoinated for the commit-list-spam award. Everything
> moved to extra now and hopefully all old kde3 stuff (like arts, i18n ..) moved
> to the dust bin.

Yeah, I had a hard time marking the entire chunk as read in gmail. It
took forever! 8)

Great work Pierre. I want to let you know that when I sit down and
install Arch on my old laptop, I'm throwing the full KDE suite on
there, because I never used KDE much, and GNOME gets more attention.
Figured I should have *some* knowledge of the inner workings 8)

Keep up the good work

Old 07-31-2008, 05:33 AM
Eric Belanger

Please have a look; especially at the "does not compile anymore" section. I
don't think any of them are critical and no showstoppers. They might just work
without a recompile when installing kdelibs3.

The skim error looks like the SConscript just doesn't support
--prefix. Probably easy to fix. If I get a chance tonight, I'll take a
look at it

FTR, it was a missing python makedepends. I'm uploading it right now.

believed to be clean.