Old 07-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default kernel26 2.6.26-2

Thomas Bächler schrieb:
I'm building 2.6.26-2 now. Only change is that I am adding uvcvideo and
some DVB driver (hope there wasn't something else). As I will be gone
tomorrow, here is what needs to be done before this is moved to core:

- Build madwifi. Gerhard Brauer sent me a fixed PKGBUILD, I attached it
to this mail.
- Andy said there is a new version for catalyst, which should hopefully
fix the problem he reported. Maybe we need to reapply
http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=linux-2.6-ARCH.git;a=blob;f=patches/ati-catalyst-2.6.25.patch;h=f90d8b40a7f1c8a0ea9a3ec4229322d4df9 8e7ab;hb=daaa7a2c43699c3b2acffaef1a4fed863194d29f

- Drop wlan-ng26. It's not worth maintaining it, as it's probably
unneeded by now.
- Ignore intel-536ep, intel-537 and martian until somebody fixes it. If
nobody sends a patch, move to core anyway, or just drop the packages. I
really don't care.

Have a great week.

Okay, 2.6.26-2 is up. Feel free to move to core or not move to core
whenever it pleases you.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Donnerstag 24 Juli 2008 22:42:08 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> Okay, 2.6.26-2 is up. Feel free to move to core or not move to core
> whenever it pleases you.

signed-off for both arches.

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn

Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre@jabber.archlinux.de
WWW http://www.archlinux.de

Old 07-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Allan McRae

Pierre Schmitz wrote:

Okay, 2.6.26-2 is up. Feel free to move to core or not move to core
whenever it pleases you.

signed-off for both arches.

signed-off + ipw3945 i686

Old 07-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Simo Leone

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:42:08PM +0200, Thomas Bachler wrote:
> Thomas Bächler schrieb:
>> I'm building 2.6.26-2 now. Only change is that I am adding uvcvideo and
>> some DVB driver (hope there wasn't something else). As I will be gone
>> tomorrow, here is what needs to be done before this is moved to core:
>>
>> - Build madwifi. Gerhard Brauer sent me a fixed PKGBUILD, I attached it to
>> this mail.
>> - Andy said there is a new version for catalyst, which should hopefully
>> fix the problem he reported. Maybe we need to reapply
>> http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=linux-2.6-ARCH.git;a=blob;f=patches/ati-catalyst-2.6.25.patch;h=f90d8b40a7f1c8a0ea9a3ec4229322d4df9 8e7ab;hb=daaa7a2c43699c3b2acffaef1a4fed863194d29f
>> - Drop wlan-ng26. It's not worth maintaining it, as it's probably unneeded
>> by now.
>> - Ignore intel-536ep, intel-537 and martian until somebody fixes it. If
>> nobody sends a patch, move to core anyway, or just drop the packages. I
>> really don't care.
>>
>> Have a great week.
>
> Okay, 2.6.26-2 is up. Feel free to move to core or not move to core
> whenever it pleases you.

Signed-off-i686:
-kernel 2.6.26-2
-catalyst 8.7-1
-unionfs
-aufs 20080527-2
-suspend2ram/disk

Old 07-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Thomas Bächler

Simo Leone schrieb:

Signed-off-i686:
-kernel 2.6.26-2
-catalyst 8.7-1
-unionfs
-aufs 20080527-2

-suspend2ram/disk

Thanks. aufs is sort of your pet, so feel free to update it if you need
a more recent version.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Thomas Bächler

Allan McRae schrieb:

signed-off + ipw3945 i686

Just a short notice: You should really switch to iwl3945. It is now very
stable.

As soon as ipw3945 won't build with a new kernel anymore, I will drop it
and not try to fix it. 2.6.26 built fine without modifications, so I
still provide the package.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Allan McRae

Thomas Bächler wrote:

Allan McRae schrieb:

signed-off + ipw3945 i686

Just a short notice: You should really switch to iwl3945. It is now
very stable.

As soon as ipw3945 won't build with a new kernel anymore, I will drop
it and not try to fix it. 2.6.26 built fine without modifications, so
I still provide the package.

I made the switch with this kernel. Yay for newly working LED
indicators with iwlwifi!

Allan