Old 07-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Default Need help with KDE 3 rebuild

Hi devs,

during the KDE 4 transition some apps which aren't available for the new
version yet need a recompile against kdelibs3.

I would be pleased if you would have a look at you K-packages and check if:
* there is a new version for KDE 4
* it can be completly removed (allready included in KDE 4 or non-functional
without old KDE)
* it has to be recompiled against kdelibs3 dependency

If you recompile against kdelibs3:
check if /etc/profile.d/qt3.sh and/or /etc/profile.d/kde3.sh are sourced. If it
complains about missing arts, try --without-arts configure flag.

I have made a list of apps that depend on kdelibs=3 or kdebase=3; some of them
might be outdated or unmaintained; so this is a good chance to clean up the
repo. This list might be incomplete due to some hidden dependencies.

If you did a rebuild and put the package into testing, please drop a line so I
can put it on my "to be moved" list.

libkipi
twinkle
schafkopf
libkexif
metatheme
kshutdown
qalculate-kde
mythbrowser
libkexiv2
skim
labplot
klogic
kdebluetooth
basket
koffice
knetload
kradio
kdevelop
gtk-qt-engine
kdetv
oooqs2
sim
filelight
apollon
potracegui
mozillaqs
kmplayer
kile
rosegarden
kdmtheme
kmyfirewall
kiosktool
libkdcraw
ksensors
showimg
krusader
kdevelop
kkbswitch
smb4k
kdmtheme

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn

Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre@jabber.archlinux.de
WWW http://www.archlinux.de

Old 07-24-2008, 12:19 PM
"Hugo Doria"

The newer version of ktorrent is for KDE4.

Also, there is a yakuake package for KDE4 in AUR (
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17339 ).

-- Hugo

Old 07-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Thomas Bächler

Pierre Schmitz schrieb:

kdebluetooth

I guess this has been integrated into kde4 in some form, but I won't
know for sure until I see kde4 for myself.

ksensors

I guess this can be dropped, something similar should be integrated in
kde4 (hopefully).

Old 07-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Donnerstag 24 Juli 2008 14:19:07 schrieb Hugo Doria:
> The newer version of ktorrent is for KDE4.
>
> Also, there is a yakuake package for KDE4 in AUR (
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17339 ).
>
> -- Hugo

Yes, the are allready build for [testing]; just wait a few seconds and I'll
run the dbscripts ;-)

Old 07-24-2008, 01:24 PM
"Hugo Doria"

Apps with beta/alpha versions for KDE4:

kdevelop - http://www.kdevelop.org/
basket - http://basket.kde.org/news.php
kshutdown - http://kshutdown.sourceforge.net/
kmplayer (in final RC already) - http://kmplayer.kde.org/news.php
krusader - http://www.krusader.org/
smb4k - http://smb4k.berlios.de/

Included in KDE4:

kdmtheme

Should stay with KDE3:

kile
kmyfirewall
gtk-qt-engine (i *think* gtk-kde4 replaces it in KDE4).

Could be removed (or stay with KDE3 too):

apollon
ksensors
kdetv - site is down and development has stopped
potracegui (?)

Of course, it would be good if someone confirm this.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:25 PM
"Hugo Doria"

I created a wiki page with this package list:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE3_Rebuild

-- Hugo