Old 07-23-2008, 10:04 PM
David Cantrell

Default remove minstg2

Attached is a patch to remove minstg2, as was discussed during the
week of doom.

I did the following things:
1) In loader, remove checks to see if we want to load minstg2.img or
stage2.img and just always load stage2.img.

2) Removed the GUI_STAGE2_RAM macro.
3) In upd-instroot, removed the --nogr and --mindir options and all
uses of DESTGR, PACKAGESGR, RPMSGR, and KEEPFILEGR. I merged all of
the *GR lists in to the non-GR counterparts. I removed for loops that
did things over DEST and DESTGR and just did them over DEST.

4) In mk-images, removed the --nogr and --mindir options.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@redhat.com>
Red Hat / Honolulu, HI

Old 07-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Chris Lumens

> I did the following things:
> 1) In loader, remove checks to see if we want to load minstg2.img or
> stage2.img and just always load stage2.img.
> 2) Removed the GUI_STAGE2_RAM macro.
> 3) In upd-instroot, removed the --nogr and --mindir options and all uses
> of DESTGR, PACKAGESGR, RPMSGR, and KEEPFILEGR. I merged all of the *GR
> lists in to the non-GR counterparts. I removed for loops that did things
> over DEST and DESTGR and just did them over DEST.
> 4) In mk-images, removed the --nogr and --mindir options.

I'm for it, though we may either need to keep the --nogr and --mindir
options as no-ops for now, or make sure all callers of this stuff (like
in pungi) know to not pass those arguments anymore.

- Chris