Old 07-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Thomas Bächler

Default 2008.08 ISO Release

Simo Leone schrieb:

With the new kernel in testing, it's time to start gearing up for a
release that will likely include the .1 or .2 kernel from this series.
Were there any big issues besides base package selection that anyone
noticed, or anything you wanted included in this release?

Thanks

-S

Just a reminder:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10753

Shouldn't be too hard to do: Put a kernel, initramfs and squashfs for
each architecture on it, adjust the paths in the initramfs accordingly.
Put package directories for both architectures on it, and put one i686
and one x86_64 entry in the bootloader.

Adding sizes of i686 and x86_64 core CDs, I get about 600MB, so this
should work. It's probably not too popular for download, but we want to
give these away on FrOSCon. I already have Thayer making a variation of
our CD label a small "FrOSCon 2008" logo on it, so it would be cool if
the ISO would be there as well.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:56 AM
"Grigorios Bouzakis"

On 7/22/08, Simo Leone <simo@archlinux.org> wrote:
> With the new kernel in testing, it's time to start gearing up for a
> release that will likely include the .1 or .2 kernel from this series.
> Were there any big issues besides base package selection that anyone
> noticed, or anything you wanted included in this release?

Most of the bugs reports/feature requests conserning the ISOs are

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10529
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10752
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10425
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10075
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10831
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10786
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10754
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10753
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10632

Important or not, you might wanna take a look at some of them again

Greg