Old 07-22-2008, 04:18 AM
Simo Leone

Default 2008.08 ISO Release

With the new kernel in testing, it's time to start gearing up for a
release that will likely include the .1 or .2 kernel from this series.
Were there any big issues besides base package selection that anyone
noticed, or anything you wanted included in this release?

Thanks

-S

Old 07-22-2008, 04:32 AM
"Dan McGee"

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:18 PM, Simo Leone <simo@archlinux.org> wrote:
> With the new kernel in testing, it's time to start gearing up for a
> release that will likely include the .1 or .2 kernel from this series.
> Were there any big issues besides base package selection that anyone
> noticed, or anything you wanted included in this release?

pacman 3.2 should be out sometime this week hopefully if I can sit
down and get my stuff together. I have to do most of the release-y
stuff on my own though unfortunately, such as updating the NEWS file
and other fun things.

With that said, 3.2.1 is a sure bet 2 weeks or so after 3.2.0, so is
that worth waiting for? That may jibe well with a .1 or .2 kernel
release.

-Dan

Old 07-22-2008, 05:34 AM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:18 PM, Simo Leone <simo@archlinux.org> wrote:
> With the new kernel in testing, it's time to start gearing up for a
> release that will likely include the .1 or .2 kernel from this series.
> Were there any big issues besides base package selection that anyone
> noticed, or anything you wanted included in this release?

I think Roman had some timezone-y things he wanted to look at. Also,
we should probably get out new filesystem and initscript packages, so
the ISOs don't say "Core Dump" anymore 8)