Old 07-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Eduardo Romero

Default kernel26 2.6.26-1 and related module packages

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 22:56 +0200, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thomas_B=E4chler_
wrote:
> [...]
> i686 is untested[...]
Boots fine with nvidia, I can game as well and have good performance, I
think my gaming skills got better with this upgrade, :-D so I give you
my signoff, i686.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Eduardo Romero

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 23:18 -0500, Dan McGee wrote:

> Undefined video mode number: 305
> blah blah press enter to see modes or wait 30 seconds
>
> Did some video modes get deprecated or something, or what is going on
> here? This is my grub configuration, I don't think it is all that
> exotic:
> kernel /vmlinuz26 root=/dev/disk/by-label/hdroot ro vga=773
>
> -Dan

I don't really know why this is happening to some of us, but I do know
that adding "edd=off" at the end of the kernel line fixes it.

Cheers

Eduardo "kensai" Romero