Thomas Bächler schrieb:
So this is it, 2.6.26 is going to testing. I adjusted the configuration
according to http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10512 and changed the
maximum number of CPUs to 16. I hope I didn't miss any configuration
bugs, if so, please tell me. Except some driver updates, there is
nothing too exciting here. Just a few remarks:
- uvesafb needs the new v86d from testing now (old one segfaults)
- bcm43xx has been removed, all users must switch to b43 or b43legacy
and use b43-fwcutter for firmware extraction. I am removing
bcm43xx-fwcutter from core, as it is obsolete.
- Someone should test squashfs, unionfs and aufs and report if they work
If there is more, please tell me
- I patched catalyst with a weird patch to make it work, please anyone
test and report!
- intel-536ep and intel-537 don't compile. I didn't look closely yet,
and frankly, I doubt they have much users. Do we really want to maintain
- lirc is broken, maybe an update to 0.8.3 will fix it. Can the
maintainer take care of this? I don't know when I'll get to it.
- madwifi is broken. Do we still need it? AFAIK, all chipsets should now
be supported by ath5k by now. Can a madwifi user please look at this
- martian is broken again. A user sent me patches last time, I have to
look for his email address, maybe he fixes it again (user whose name I
forgot, if you are reading this, please contact me).
- I didn't try openswan-klips, any updates here? (tomk?)
- wlan-ng26 is broken and I'd like to drop it, as I doubt anybody uses it.
- I updated nvidia-71xx and nvidia-96xx to new upstream release for
i686 is untested, so I need at least two signoffs. x86_64 works fine.
I'm building 2.6.26-2 now. Only change is that I am adding uvcvideo and
some DVB driver (hope there wasn't something else). As I will be gone
tomorrow, here is what needs to be done before this is moved to core:
- Build madwifi. Gerhard Brauer sent me a fixed PKGBUILD, I attached it
to this mail.
- Andy said there is a new version for catalyst, which should hopefully
fix the problem he reported. Maybe we need to reapply
- Drop wlan-ng26. It's not worth maintaining it, as it's probably
unneeded by now.
- Ignore intel-536ep, intel-537 and martian until somebody fixes it. If
nobody sends a patch, move to core anyway, or just drop the packages. I
really don't care.
Have a great week.