FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-21-2008, 06:39 PM
"Thayer Williams"
 
Default IRC shenanigans

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Hugo Doria <hugodoria@gmail.com> wrote:
> angvp made a list:
>
> Trusted Users without cloak:
> louipc, anders, drag0nl0rd, angvp
>
> Developers without cloak:
> dons, dsa, hdoria, voidnull, vegai, codemac
>
> But someone needs to confirm this.
>
> -- Hugo
>
>

wtf is a cloak anyway? lol I used to be a diehard IRC'er and have
never heard that term before reading these lists.

I haven't used IRC since coming on board at Arch, but if you're adding
all the new devs, my nick would be 'thayer'
 
Old 07-21-2008, 06:40 PM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default IRC shenanigans

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Hugo Doria <hugodoria@gmail.com> wrote:
> angvp made a list:
>
> Trusted Users without cloak:
> louipc, anders, drag0nl0rd, angvp
>
> Developers without cloak:
> dons, dsa, hdoria, voidnull, vegai, codemac
>
> But someone needs to confirm this.

Many thanks to angvp, I just submitted the following list:

remove cloaks: cactus, cerebra1, wizzo, |zeus|
archlinux/developer/ : dons, dsa, hdoria, voidnull, vegai, codemac,
ise, pierres, kensai, romashka
archlinux/trusteduser/ : louipc, anders, drag0nl0rd, angvp
also, pressh should be changed from a trusteduser cloak to a developer cloak
 
Old 07-21-2008, 06:43 PM
"Angel Velásquez"
 
Default IRC shenanigans

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Hugo Doria <hugodoria@gmail.com> wrote:
>> angvp made a list:
>>
>> Trusted Users without cloak:
>> louipc, anders, drag0nl0rd, angvp
>>
>> Developers without cloak:
>> dons, dsa, hdoria, voidnull, vegai, codemac
and kpiche is missing on archlinux/developer
>>
>> But someone needs to confirm this.
>
> Many thanks to angvp, I just submitted the following list:
>
> remove cloaks: cactus, cerebra1, wizzo, |zeus|
> archlinux/developer/ : dons, dsa, hdoria, voidnull, vegai, codemac,
> ise, pierres, kensai, romashka
> archlinux/trusteduser/ : louipc, anders, drag0nl0rd, angvp
> also, pressh should be changed from a trusteduser cloak to a developer cloak
>
>

added kpiche to the list, anyother?

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net
Linux Counter: #359909
Arch Linux Trusted User
 
Old 07-21-2008, 06:45 PM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default IRC shenanigans

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Thayer Williams <thayer@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Hugo Doria <hugodoria@gmail.com> wrote:
>> angvp made a list:
>>
>> Trusted Users without cloak:
>> louipc, anders, drag0nl0rd, angvp
>>
>> Developers without cloak:
>> dons, dsa, hdoria, voidnull, vegai, codemac
>>
>> But someone needs to confirm this.
>>
>> -- Hugo
>>
>>
>
> wtf is a cloak anyway? lol I used to be a diehard IRC'er and have
> never heard that term before reading these lists.

It does two things: hides your hostmask (cloaks it) and tells people
what group your a part of.

Instead of IRC listing me as something like:
(n=foobar@blah-chcgil01292-13e423598093.something.comcast.net)
it lists
(n=foobar@archlinux/developer/phrakture)
 
Old 07-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Eduardo Romero
 
Default IRC shenanigans

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 13:10 -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I'm updating and fixing some things on IRC today, so I'm looking for a
> list of IRC usernames for those of you who need new cloaks.
> New developers, new TUs, things like that.
>
> Also, (sadly) I will be removing cloaks for people who have left our
> noble ranks.
>
> Please let me know when you can.
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron
>
I don't know if I go here yet... but just in case my nickname is kensai.
Oh, how wasn't that obvious? :-D
 
Old 07-21-2008, 07:01 PM
"Travis Willard"
 
Default IRC shenanigans

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I'm updating and fixing some things on IRC today, so I'm looking for a
> list of IRC usernames for those of you who need new cloaks.
> New developers, new TUs, things like that.
>
> Also, (sadly) I will be removing cloaks for people who have left our
> noble ranks.

archlinux/fellow/cerebra1? :P

heh, yeah, I was actually going to ask about this, since I noticed I
still had the cloak today.
 
Old 07-21-2008, 07:02 PM
"Thayer Williams"
 
Default IRC shenanigans

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Thayer Williams <thayer@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Hugo Doria <hugodoria@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> angvp made a list:
>>>
>>> Trusted Users without cloak:
>>> louipc, anders, drag0nl0rd, angvp
>>>
>>> Developers without cloak:
>>> dons, dsa, hdoria, voidnull, vegai, codemac
>>>
>>> But someone needs to confirm this.
>>>
>>> -- Hugo
>>>
>>>
>>
>> wtf is a cloak anyway? lol I used to be a diehard IRC'er and have
>> never heard that term before reading these lists.
>
> It does two things: hides your hostmask (cloaks it) and tells people
> what group your a part of.

Ah ha! Now that *is* cool.

I guess the days of warring aren't quite a thing of the past...haven't
used IRC regularly since the 7th Sphere era--ah the good ol' days =)
 
Old 07-21-2008, 07:07 PM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default IRC shenanigans

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Travis Willard <travis@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>> I'm updating and fixing some things on IRC today, so I'm looking for a
>> list of IRC usernames for those of you who need new cloaks.
>> New developers, new TUs, things like that.
>>
>> Also, (sadly) I will be removing cloaks for people who have left our
>> noble ranks.
>
> archlinux/fellow/cerebra1? :P
>
> heh, yeah, I was actually going to ask about this, since I noticed I
> still had the cloak today.
>
>

Would anyone mind wikifying all our cloaked users for me?

I can get the fellows cloak added, but it's more of a headache than
adding a username to an existing cloak.
 
Old 07-21-2008, 07:13 PM
"Abhishek Dasgupta"
 
Default IRC shenanigans

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 12:13 AM, Angel Velásquez >
> added kpiche to the list, anyother?
>

How do I know if I've a cloak or not? I don't
use IRC often, so I am not familiar with
the terminology much. My id is abhidg.

--
Abhishek Dasgupta
 
Old 07-21-2008, 07:23 PM
"Travis Willard"
 
Default IRC shenanigans

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Travis Willard <travis@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hey guys,
>>> I'm updating and fixing some things on IRC today, so I'm looking for a
>>> list of IRC usernames for those of you who need new cloaks.
>>> New developers, new TUs, things like that.
>>>
>>> Also, (sadly) I will be removing cloaks for people who have left our
>>> noble ranks.
>>
>> archlinux/fellow/cerebra1? :P
>>
>> heh, yeah, I was actually going to ask about this, since I noticed I
>> still had the cloak today.
>>
>>
>
> Would anyone mind wikifying all our cloaked users for me?
>
> I can get the fellows cloak added, but it's more of a headache than
> adding a username to an existing cloak.

Meh, don't worry about it - I was just kidding around anyway.
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:32 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org