Old 12-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Eric Belanger

Default Moving libol to core

Hi,

I would like to move libol from extra to core/lib. The only package that
depends on it (as a makedepends) in the repo is eventlog which is in core.
It would make more sense to have libol in core along with eventlog.

Any objections?

Eric

believed to be clean.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:32 AM
"Varun Acharya"

Sounds ok to me.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:03 AM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2007/12/5, Eric Belanger <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca>:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to move libol from extra to core/lib. The only package that
> depends on it (as a makedepends) in the repo is eventlog which is in core.
> It would make more sense to have libol in core along with eventlog.
>
> Any objections?

not from me.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 12-05-2007, 04:03 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Dec 4, 2007 9:55 PM, Eric Belanger <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> I would like to move libol from extra to core/lib. The only package that
> depends on it (as a makedepends) in the repo is eventlog which is in core.
> It would make more sense to have libol in core along with eventlog.

Yeah we should do this to keep that whole repo-barrier thing in order.
Go for it!

Old 12-06-2007, 04:15 PM
"Roman Kyrylych"

Actually, there is one: see http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8849

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 12-06-2007, 04:19 PM
"Dan McGee"

On Dec 6, 2007 11:15 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/12/5, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com>:
> > 2007/12/5, Eric Belanger <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca>:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I would like to move libol from extra to core/lib. The only package that
> > > depends on it (as a makedepends) in the repo is eventlog which is in core.
> > > It would make more sense to have libol in core along with eventlog.
> > >
> > > Any objections?
> > >

> > not from me.
> >

> Actually, there is one: see http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8849

Oooh, I like it if we can get rid of libol. Eric, do you want to look
into this and see if it is feasible?

-Dan

Old 12-06-2007, 04:25 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Dec 6, 2007 11:15 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/12/5, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com>:
> > 2007/12/5, Eric Belanger <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca>:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I would like to move libol from extra to core/lib. The only package that
> > > depends on it (as a makedepends) in the repo is eventlog which is in core.
> > > It would make more sense to have libol in core along with eventlog.
> > >
> > > Any objections?
> > >

> > not from me.
> >

> Actually, there is one: see http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8849

Great catch. If the main authors do not use libol, maybe we shouldn't either?

Old 12-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Eric Belanger

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Dan McGee wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2007 11:15 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> not from me.
>>>

>> Actually, there is one: see http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8849
>
> Oooh, I like it if we can get rid of libol. Eric, do you want to look
> into this and see if it is feasible?
>
> -Dan

Sure. I've added myself to the assignee. I'll look into it as I'm also
eventlog's maintainer. I wouldn't mind removing libol from the repo
either if it's no longer needed.

Eric

believed to be clean.