Old 12-05-2007, 01:50 AM
Paul Mattal

Default new x264 and ffmpeg in testing

I just put a x264 snapshot from 20071201 and an ffmpeg snapshot from
20071204 (built against the new x264) in testing.

Please test/rebuild your dependent apps and let me know if there are any
bugs. I'd rather choose stabler snapshots sooner rather than later if
one of these is unhealthy.

- P

Old 12-05-2007, 05:45 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Dec 4, 2007 8:50 PM, Paul Mattal <paul@mattal.com> wrote:
> I just put a x264 snapshot from 20071201 and an ffmpeg snapshot from
> 20071204 (built against the new x264) in testing.
>
> Please test/rebuild your dependent apps and let me know if there are any
> bugs. I'd rather choose stabler snapshots sooner rather than later if
> one of these is unhealthy.

Do you know if this fixes the green artifacting seen in current x264
playback? We have a bug report regarding thart.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Paul Mattal

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Dec 4, 2007 8:50 PM, Paul Mattal <paul@mattal.com> wrote:
>> I just put a x264 snapshot from 20071201 and an ffmpeg snapshot from
>> 20071204 (built against the new x264) in testing.
>>
>> Please test/rebuild your dependent apps and let me know if there are any
>> bugs. I'd rather choose stabler snapshots sooner rather than later if
>> one of these is unhealthy.
>
> Do you know if this fixes the green artifacting seen in current x264
> playback? We have a bug report regarding thart.

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8268

So it is. Thanks for pointing this out.

I've added myself to this bug until I can figure out if it's x264's
fault or something else's.

If someone else is inclined to test with the new version, please let
me know your results in a comment for the above bug.

- P

Old 12-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Tobias Kieslich

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007, Paul Mattal wrote:

> Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > On Dec 4, 2007 8:50 PM, Paul Mattal <paul@mattal.com> wrote:
> >> I just put a x264 snapshot from 20071201 and an ffmpeg snapshot from
> >> 20071204 (built against the new x264) in testing.
> >>
> >> Please test/rebuild your dependent apps and let me know if there are any
> >> bugs. I'd rather choose stabler snapshots sooner rather than later if
> >> one of these is unhealthy.

I just clesed areport about ffmpeg rebuilds breaking vlc. I had to
rebuild vlc anyway. But I could never eproduce the error. I wonder if
the new ffmpeg triggers another breakage.

-T