Old 07-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default openvpn 2.0.9-4

Changes from -3: Enabled --enable-save-password, to allow using a
password file in combination with auth-user-pass. This feature is
disabled by default in openvpn, as using it is unsafe, however I don't
think we need to prevent our users from using it if they wish to.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:15 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Changes from -3: Enabled --enable-save-password, to allow using a password
> file in combination with auth-user-pass. This feature is disabled by default
> in openvpn, as using it is unsafe, however I don't think we need to prevent
> our users from using it if they wish to.

Ping. Does anyone use this? If not, I'll throw out the obligatory
"blame me" signoff

Old 07-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Thomas Bächler

Aaron Griffin schrieb:

Changes from -3: Enabled --enable-save-password, to allow using a password
file in combination with auth-user-pass. This feature is disabled by default
in openvpn, as using it is unsafe, however I don't think we need to prevent
our users from using it if they wish to.

Ping. Does anyone use this? If not, I'll throw out the obligatory
"blame me" signoff

Me, but I only compiled it. I actually have 2.1.0_rc7 installed locally.
I'll simply move it, as it's only a simple change to configure options,
blame me if it fails.