Old 07-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Default filesystem-2008.07-1

I uploaded a new filesystem package to testing:

* added http user and group (for use by various webserver related packages)
* an updated apache is on its way
* added scanner group (ask Thomas ;-))
* use /srv instead of /home for http and ftp
* no package should own files within /home

Pierre
--
http://www.archlinux.de

Old 07-10-2008, 08:08 AM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2008/7/9 Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de>:
> I uploaded a new filesystem package to testing:
>
> * added http user and group (for use by various webserver related packages)
> * an updated apache is on its way
> * added scanner group (ask Thomas ;-))
> * use /srv instead of /home for http and ftp
> * no package should own files within /home

Looks good to me. Signed off (x86_64)

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 07-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Paul Mattal

Pierre Schmitz wrote:

* use /srv instead of /home for http and ftp
* no package should own files within /home

This is GREAT. It's been annoying me for years.

One question: Doesn't this need to be synchronized with some changes to
the apache package, changing the default document directory and warning
those who need to make the switch?

- P

Old 07-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Donnerstag, 10. Juli 2008 13:31:58 schrieb Paul Mattal:
> One question: Doesn't this need to be synchronized with some changes to
> the apache package, changing the default document directory and warning
> those who need to make the switch?

That's allready done. ;-) I don't think users are forced to switch; the config
files are kept and using "/home/httpd" and "nobody" should still work.

--
http://www.archlinux.de

Old 07-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Paul Mattal