Old 07-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Andreas Radke

Default file 4.25-1

in testing for both arches. please signoff

-Andy

As usual in: ftp://ftp.astron.com/pub/file/file-4.25.tar.gz

This version features a new experimental !:strength operator. It is
currently used in 2 places:

- in X3D entries is +1 to beat regular xml
- in elf *2 to beat iso9660

Other changes:

* add !:strength op to adjust magic strength (experimental)

* Fix automake error in configure.ac.

* Add MIME type for Psion Sketch files.

* Don't print warnings about bad namesize in stripped
binaries with PT_NOTE is still there, and the actual
note is gone (Jakub Jelinek)

* magic/Magdir/elf:
Note invalid byte order for little-endian SPARC32PLUS.
Add SPARC V9 vendor extensions and memory model.

* src/elfclass.h:
Pass target machine to doshn (for Solaris hardware
capabilities).

* src/readelf.c (doshn):
Add support for Solaris hardware/software capabilities.

* src/readelf.h:
Ditto.

* src/vasprintf.c (dispatch):
Add support for ll modifier.

* Fix compiler warnings.

* remove stray printf, and fix a vprintf bug. (Martin Dorey)

* src/Makefile.am:
Ensure that getopt_long and [v]asprintf are included in
libmagic, as needed.

Remove unnecessary EXTRA_DIST.

* src/Makefile.in:
Rerun automake.

* src/vasprintf.c (dispatch):
Fix variable precision bug: be sure to step past '*'.

* src/vasprintf.c (core):
Remove unreachable code.

* src/apprentice.c (set_test_type):
Add cast to avoid compiler warning.

* Add magic submission guidelines (Abel Cheung)

* split msdos and windows magic (Abel Cheung)

* >= <= is not supported, so fix the magic and warn about
it. reported by: Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn at gnuvola.org>

Old 07-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Jan de Groot

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 21:23 +0200, Andreas Radke wrote:
> in testing for both arches. please signoff

Signoff for both architectures. Still detects mimetypes fine here.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Donnerstag, 10. Juli 2008 10:15:56 schrieb Jan de Groot:
> On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 21:23 +0200, Andreas Radke wrote:
> > in testing for both arches. please signoff
>
> Signoff for both architectures. Still detects mimetypes fine here.

I know, it's too late, but I had some problems with png files. A downgrade to
4.24 solves this. Does anybody know a bugtracker/svn whatever for this?

--
http://www.archlinux.de

Old 07-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Andreas Radke

Am Thu, 17 Jul 2008 19:51:14 +0200
schrieb Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de>:

> Am Donnerstag, 10. Juli 2008 10:15:56 schrieb Jan de Groot:
> > On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 21:23 +0200, Andreas Radke wrote:
> > > in testing for both arches. please signoff
> >
> > Signoff for both architectures. Still detects mimetypes fine here.
>
> I know, it's too late, but I had some problems with png files. A
> downgrade to 4.24 solves this. Does anybody know a bugtracker/svn
> whatever for this?

see how it was done there:

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10378

-Andy