Old 07-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default Architecture rollcall

As there are many new guys around, I want to know what architectures you
can build for. I want to know three things: Do you have an arch x86_64
system? Do you have an arch i686 build system (can be a chroot on your
x86_64). Do you also have a bootable arch i686 system? Also include the
number of systems for each category. Only your own machines count, not
the build machines that we offer (or offered, I'm unsure about the status).

If you only have an i686 chroot and no bootable system, you may be
unable to test certain packages, thus I think this information is important.

Maybe we can collect this information later and wikify it. I would like
every (semi-)active dev to respond, not just the new ones.

These are my systems:

x86_64: 2
i686 (chroot): 2
i686 (full): 1

Old 07-05-2008, 04:37 PM
"Giovanni Scafora"

2008/7/5, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>:
> These are my systems:
>
> x86_64: 2
> i686 (chroot): 2
> i686 (full): 1

Now, I can build for i686 only.

--
Arch Linux Developer (voidnull)
AUR & Pacman Italian Translations

Old 07-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Dusty Phillips

Thomas Bächler wrote:
[...]

I don't do any building at the moment, but I have only one i686 machine.

If I take on any packages, they will likely be architecture-independent
python packages.

Dusty

Old 07-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Allan McRae

I have a laptop of each architecture and an i686 server at work.

Allan

Old 07-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Pierre Schmitz

x86_64: 1
i686: 1 (+ 1 server)

i686/x86_64 (chroot): as many as I want ;-)

--
http://www.archlinux.de

Old 07-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Douglas Soares de Andrade

Thomas Bächler wrote:

[...]

I have only a i686, but i would like to use an x86_64 build machine.

--
Douglas Soares de Andrade
-- ThreePointsWeb - www.threepointsweb.com

Old 07-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Eduardo Romero

> These are my systems:
>
> x86_64: 2
> i686 (chroot): 2
> i686 (full): 1

one i686, that's all.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Don Stewart

x86_64: 1

Cheers,
Don

Old 07-05-2008, 08:36 PM
"Thayer Williams"

i686 (full): 3

Old 07-05-2008, 09:01 PM
"K. Piche"

x86_64: 1, with i686 and i686 testing partitions

Speaking of which: does anyone have recommendations about virtual
machines vs chroots and x86_64 real/i686 virtual vs i686 real/x86_84
virtual? I'd like to start building 64 bit but without all the
rebooting.

K. Piche <kpiche@rogers.com>