Old 07-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Allan McRae

Default PKGBUILD prototypes

Hi all,

I have been adding some PKGBUILD prototypes into the abs package as
requested in [1]. So far I have added ones for perl, gnome and haskell
packages.

I'd especially appreciate some comments on the haskell PKGBUILD/install
file from our new haskell devs. Please look at the commit at my working
branch [2].

Also, there are suggestions in the bug report to add java and lisp
prototypes. Anyone have a good suggestions of packages to base these off?

Thanks,
Allan

[1] http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10274
[2]
http://dev.archlinux.org/~allan/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=abs.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/working

Old 07-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Firmicus

Allan McRae a écrit :

Hi all,

I have been adding some PKGBUILD prototypes into the abs package as
requested in [1]. So far I have added ones for perl, gnome and
haskell packages.

I'd especially appreciate some comments on the haskell
PKGBUILD/install file from our new haskell devs. Please look at the
commit at my working branch [2].

Also, there are suggestions in the bug report to add java and lisp
prototypes. Anyone have a good suggestions of packages to base these
off?

Thanks,
Allan

[1] http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10274
[2]
http://dev.archlinux.org/~allan/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=abs.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/working

Allan,

I've looked at the PKGBUILD-perl.proto, which is almost identitcal to
the one I had put on community together with those added by Sergej. As
someone mentioned on flyspray, I had made a mistake in the url field:
$pkgname should not be used there. In my perl packages I actually don't
use any variable in the $url except for the $pkgver, but perhaps we
could use the custom variable ${_cpanname}. It is of course always
different from the package name (the rule being very often ${_cpanname}
= Foo-Bar => $pkgname = perl-foo-bar).

For Java I think there is a prototype on the wiki.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Allan McRae

Firmicus wrote:

Allan McRae a écrit :

[...]

Thanks, I missed that. I noticed that there should also not be $pkgname
in the cd to the source either.

For Java I think there is a prototype on the wiki.

There is an outline of what the package should look like but not an
actual pkgbuild. I could make one from it but I am being lazy...

Allan

Old 07-09-2008, 08:03 PM
"K. Piche"

I started using a ${_realname} var in my perl PKGBUILDS - same idea as
cpanname except the "::" name isn't really needed. Check out
perl-net-dns for a good example.

--
K. Piche <kpiche@rogers.com>

Old 07-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Allan McRae

K. Piche wrote:

I started using a ${_realname} var in my perl PKGBUILDS - same idea as
cpanname except the "::" name isn't really needed. Check out
perl-net-dns for a good example.

I am not going to use this as we generally discourage the use of custom
variables. Also, this is only used in three places and does not change
between releases.

Allan

Old 07-10-2008, 04:47 AM
"K. Piche"

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 11:21 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> K. Piche wrote:
> > I started using a ${_realname} var in my perl PKGBUILDS - same idea as
> > cpanname except the "::" name isn't really needed. Check out
> > perl-net-dns for a good example.
> >

> I am not going to use this as we generally discourage the use of custom
> variables. Also, this is only used in three places and does not change
> between releases.
>
> Allan

Suit yourself. My only other comment would be that the man*ext settings
for a Build.PL script is not required. The man extensions will be
provided by perl's Config.pm during build. I was sure I had posted a
Build.PL example on the wiki but I can't find it now. A Makefile.PL one
is in the perl policy page.

K. Piche <kpiche@rogers.com>

Old 07-10-2008, 05:53 AM
Allan McRae

K. Piche wrote:

I started using a ${_realname} var in my perl PKGBUILDS - same idea as
cpanname except the "::" name isn't really needed. Check out
perl-net-dns for a good example.

I am not going to use this as we generally discourage the use of custom
variables. Also, this is only used in three places and does not change
between releases.

Allan

Suit yourself. My only other comment would be that the man*ext settings
for a Build.PL script is not required. The man extensions will be
provided by perl's Config.pm during build. I was sure I had posted a
Build.PL example on the wiki but I can't find it now. A Makefile.PL one
is in the perl policy page.

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't noticed that this was all
handled in the main perl PKGBUILD now.

Allan

Old 07-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Firmicus

Suit yourself. My only other comment would be that the man*ext settings
for a Build.PL script is not required. The man extensions will be
provided by perl's Config.pm during build. I was sure I had posted a
Build.PL example on the wiki but I can't find it now. A Makefile.PL one
is in the perl policy page.

OK, thanks. I had out in in my prototype but I think it was based on a
PKGBUILD with Build.PL that you had made before perl 5.10 was put in extra.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:35 PM
"K. Piche"

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 15:35 +0200, Firmicus wrote:
> > Suit yourself. My only other comment would be that the man*ext settings
> > for a Build.PL script is not required. The man extensions will be
> > provided by perl's Config.pm during build. I was sure I had posted a
> > Build.PL example on the wiki but I can't find it now. A Makefile.PL one
> > is in the perl policy page.
> >

> OK, thanks. I had out in in my prototype but I think it was based on a
> PKGBUILD with Build.PL that you had made before perl 5.10 was put in extra.

Yep. pkgrel=0 needed man*ext set. For pkgrel>0 the Config.pm file
man*ext defaults are tweaked after perl is compiled.

K. Piche <kpiche@rogers.com>