Old 07-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Eric Belanger

Default problem with extra i686

I just notice that a bunch of i686 packages are now showing up in the web
page "recent update list" but they weren't updated. also they all got
orphaned. What happened?

believed to be clean.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:54 PM
"Giovanni Scafora"

2008/7/4, Eric Belanger <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca>:

> I just notice that a bunch of i686 packages are now showing up in the web
> page "recent update list" but they weren't updated. also they all got
> orphaned. What happened?

I just noticed that too.
I dunno.

--
Arch Linux Developer (voidnull)
AUR & Pacman Italian Translations

Old 07-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Dusty Phillips

Eric Belanger wrote:

I just notice that a bunch of i686 packages are now showing up in the
web page "recent update list" but they weren't updated. also they all
got orphaned. What happened?

I'm quick to take blame for stuff, so I'm trying to figure out if my one
line change to reporead.py could have caused this bug, but I can't see
how it could have. So maybe its Allan's fault... :-D

I haven't fully grokked this script yet, has anybody seen a pattern in
which packages were unexpectedly orphaned?

Dusty

Old 07-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Freitag, 4. Juli 2008 21:14:15 schrieb Eric Belanger:
> I just notice that a bunch of i686 packages are now showing up in the web
> page "recent update list" but they weren't updated. also they all got
> orphaned. What happened?

I lost some i686 package, too. And I cannot readopt them because someone else
owns them. (e.g. php)

--
http://www.archlinux.de

Old 07-04-2008, 09:17 PM
"Hugo Doria"

I noticed that too.

I adopted some packages that were orphaned. I do not know if they were
really orphan or not, but let me know if i got someone's package so i
can give back.

--
Hugo Doria

Old 07-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Alexander Fehr

"Hugo Doria" <hugodoria@gmail.com> wrote:
> I adopted some packages that were orphaned. I do not know if they were
> really orphan or not, but let me know if i got someone's package so i
> can give back.

You have adopted pidgin and pidgin-encryption that were mine.

Alex

Old 07-05-2008, 12:08 AM
"Hugo Doria"

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Alexander Fehr <pizzapunk@gmail.com> wrote:
> You have adopted pidgin and pidgin-encryption that were mine.

They are both orphans now.

--
Hugo Doria

Old 07-05-2008, 03:17 AM
Allan McRae

Dusty Phillips wrote:

Eric Belanger wrote:

I just notice that a bunch of i686 packages are now showing up in the
web page "recent update list" but they weren't updated. also they all
got orphaned. What happened?

I'm quick to take blame for stuff, so I'm trying to figure out if my
one line change to reporead.py could have caused this bug, but I can't
see how it could have. So maybe its Allan's fault... :-D

I was asleep when this happened!

I haven't fully grokked this script yet, has anybody seen a pattern in
which packages were unexpectedly orphaned?

It seems to be all packages in extra i686 with names starting with L-Z.
Have fun tracking that down!

Allan