Old 06-30-2008, 04:37 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

Default Controversial initscripts change, egads

I pushed this because people gripe about these things and it irritates me.

http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=initscripts.git;a=commitdiff;h=84f76aafc5f6d7f3 d2c2141d2930e42dcb82def0

Additionally, it seems silly to change this every time we push out an
ISO. Does anyone have an issue with this patch?

Old 06-30-2008, 05:07 PM
"Travis Willard"

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> I pushed this because people gripe about these things and it irritates me.
>
> http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=initscripts.git;a=commitdiff;h=84f76aafc5f6d7f3 d2c2141d2930e42dcb82def0
>
> Additionally, it seems silly to change this every time we push out an
> ISO. Does anyone have an issue with this patch?

+1 from me. Getting away from the misinformation that we have "actual
releases" is all good by my count.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Grigorios Bouzakis

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:37:01AM -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> I pushed this because people gripe about these things and it irritates me.
>
> http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=initscripts.git;a=commitdiff;h=84f76aafc5f6d7f3 d2c2141d2930e42dcb82def0
>
> Additionally, it seems silly to change this every time we push out an
> ISO. Does anyone have an issue with this patch?

Looks sexier than ever

Greg

Old 06-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Simo Leone

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:37:01AM -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> I pushed this because people gripe about these things and it irritates me.
>
> http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=initscripts.git;a=commitdiff;h=84f76aafc5f6d7f3 d2c2141d2930e42dcb82def0
>
> Additionally, it seems silly to change this every time we push out an
> ISO. Does anyone have an issue with this patch?

I liked Dan's patch better. But this is +1 too.

-S

Old 06-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Montag, 30. Juni 2008 18:37:01 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> Additionally, it seems silly to change this every time we push out an
> ISO. Does anyone have an issue with this patch?

+1 from me. But don't forget /etc/issue from filesystem package.

--
http://www.archlinux.de

Old 06-30-2008, 06:22 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Montag, 30. Juni 2008 18:37:01 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
>> Additionally, it seems silly to change this every time we push out an
>> ISO. Does anyone have an issue with this patch?
>
> +1 from me. But don't forget /etc/issue from filesystem package.

Yeah, that was next, assuming no one yelled about this here.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Eric Belanger

Additionally, it seems silly to change this every time we push out an
ISO. Does anyone have an issue with this patch?

+1 from me. But don't forget /etc/issue from filesystem package.

Yeah, that was next, assuming no one yelled about this here.

Another +1 from me.

believed to be clean.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:00 AM
Allan McRae

Aaron Griffin wrote:

I pushed this because people gripe about these things and it irritates me.

http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=initscripts.git;a=commitdiff;h=84f76aafc5f6d7f3 d2c2141d2930e42dcb82def0

Additionally, it seems silly to change this every time we push out an
ISO. Does anyone have an issue with this patch?

+1.

I had changed my release name to say "Not a bomb" so when I went through
airports and was asked to boot my laptop, on a subconscious level
security would know everything was fine. Thinking about it, I am
surprised it never backfired...

Allan

Old 07-01-2008, 07:07 AM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2008/7/1 Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>:
> Aaron Griffin wrote:
>>
>> I pushed this because people gripe about these things and it irritates me.
>>

>> http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=initscripts.git;a=commitdiff;h=84f76aafc5f6d7f3 d2c2141d2930e42dcb82def0
>>
>> Additionally, it seems silly to change this every time we push out an
>> ISO. Does anyone have an issue with this patch?
>>

> +1.

+1.
BTW, East-European users used to joke that the major difference between Arch
and other distros is that the appearance of a new release is noticed
only by the change of /etc/issue after one of reboots. :-)

> I had changed my release name to say "Not a bomb" so when I went through
> airports and was asked to boot my laptop, on a subconscious level security
> would know everything was fine. Thinking about it, I am surprised it never
> backfired...

Haha :-D

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)