Old 12-04-2007, 06:08 AM
"Aaron Griffin"

Default bash 3.2.025-4

On Dec 4, 2007 12:23 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Montag, 3. Dezember 2007 23:00:28 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> > It will, right now, give you a "/etc/profile exists" error.
>
> Is this a pacman error? According to pacman /etc/profile does not belong to
> anything. But why is it still there. If it was in a backup array of a
> previous package, why wasn't it renamed to .pacsave?
>
> Is it possible to workaround this by a funky install script hack? I fear that
> a lot of people will complain about this when this package hits [core].

It's already there. Here's the thing. It *was* in the package, then
got lost in the last one (Dan, Eric, and myself signed off, as far as
i know). The problem is that it utterly breaks ftp installs, so we
needed to push this soon. pacman -Sf will handle this case just fine,
because it is in the backup array of the new bash package.