Old 06-27-2008, 05:57 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

Default Send my laptop for repairs

Hey guys,
Just a heads-up. My thinkpad's keyboard is acting up, so I'm sending
it in for repairs. I haven't been able to use it properly for some
time (I can't even properly login because some keys output multiple
letters 80% of the time, like the ones used in my password).

Sooo, no Arch laptop for me. I will try and see if my 64bit hardware
will behave again, but I think that's busted too.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:18 PM
Andreas Radke

Am Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:57:53 -0500
schrieb "Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com>:

> Hey guys,
> Just a heads-up. My thinkpad's keyboard is acting up, so I'm sending
> it in for repairs. I haven't been able to use it properly for some
> time (I can't even properly login because some keys output multiple
> letters 80% of the time, like the ones used in my password).
>
> Sooo, no Arch laptop for me. I will try and see if my 64bit hardware
> will behave again, but I think that's busted too.

I've had similar trouble with my Samsung notebook keyboard for some
weeks now. I pray it's not a software issue.

while watching European soccer championship I've spread accidentally
beer over it that made it finally die. Now it's wild beeping in BIOS
post. So I ordered a new keyboard and hope this will fix it. Meanwhile
it looks funny to use an external desktop keyboard with it :S

-Andy

Old 06-28-2008, 03:45 AM
"James Rayner"

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 3:57 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> Just a heads-up. My thinkpad's keyboard is acting up, so I'm sending
> it in for repairs. I haven't been able to use it properly for some
> time (I can't even properly login because some keys output multiple
> letters 80% of the time, like the ones used in my password).

I had similar problems with my laptop recently. This thing is way
outta warranty (4.5 years old) but it's still a solid reliable
machine.

A friend of mine gave me the disassembly guide a few months ago, so i
bought the parts for cheap from an Acer service center and did it
myself. New keyboard, some new plastic case, and i'm going to upgrade
from Intel minipci b -> g wireless eventually (when I get a new
job...sacked yesterday). Bigger HDD eventually too. And getting new
battery off a friend.

The keyboard is really simple to replace on mine, and others I've
seen, (just 2 screws and 2 latches), so that's always worth a shot if
it's outta warranty.

James

Old 07-08-2008, 05:01 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> Just a heads-up. My thinkpad's keyboard is acting up, so I'm sending
> it in for repairs. I haven't been able to use it properly for some
> time (I can't even properly login because some keys output multiple
> letters 80% of the time, like the ones used in my password).
>
> Sooo, no Arch laptop for me. I will try and see if my 64bit hardware
> will behave again, but I think that's busted too.

Just got a call, my laptop will come home to me tomorrow! Yay!

Old 07-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Jan de Groot

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 12:01 -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> > Just a heads-up. My thinkpad's keyboard is acting up, so I'm sending
> > it in for repairs. I haven't been able to use it properly for some
> > time (I can't even properly login because some keys output multiple
> > letters 80% of the time, like the ones used in my password).
> >
> > Sooo, no Arch laptop for me. I will try and see if my 64bit hardware
> > will behave again, but I think that's busted too.
>
> Just got a call, my laptop will come home to me tomorrow! Yay!

Can we join the welcome party?

Old 07-09-2008, 08:27 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 12:01 -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hey guys,
>> > Just a heads-up. My thinkpad's keyboard is acting up, so I'm sending
>> > it in for repairs. I haven't been able to use it properly for some
>> > time (I can't even properly login because some keys output multiple
>> > letters 80% of the time, like the ones used in my password).
>> >
>> > Sooo, no Arch laptop for me. I will try and see if my 64bit hardware
>> > will behave again, but I think that's busted too.
>>
>> Just got a call, my laptop will come home to me tomorrow! Yay!
>
> Can we join the welcome party?

Hooray, the laptop is here - but I didn't bring my battery or
harddrive to work (stupid me!), so I can't do anything yet!
T minus 3 hours!