Old 06-27-2008, 12:10 AM
Eric Belanger

Default gpm 1.20.5-1, links 2.1pre37-1 & vi 7.1.315-1

Hi,

This is the signoff thread for the gpm rebuild.

Changes:

gpm 1.20.5-1 : Upstream update with soname bump (ChangeLog below)

links 2.1pre37-1: Minor upstream update (ChangeLog below), rebuilt against gpm

vi 7.1.315-1: Updated patchset (vim had to be rebuilt against gpm)

Signoffs for the other packages rebuilt against gpm:

aalib
brltty
elinks
fte
gstreamer0.10-good-plugins
jed
lde
links
mc
vim
xaos
xemacs

will also be appreciated, especially for brltty (updated) and mc (major
fixes/changes).

Thanks
Eric

-----------
gpm ChangeLog:

Released: 16th of June 2008
Changes:
* Fix possible segfault (FD_SET/negative) (Guillem Jover)
* Move more messages to debug (Jonathan Nieder)
* Remove unecessary headers (Jonathan Nieder)
* Allow specifying ELISP variable on commandline (Ulrich Mueller)
* Fix broken code semantics (Mike Frysinger)
* Cleanup documentation (Nico Schottelius)
* Fix socklen_t issue: Require posix header (Mike Frysinger/Nico Schottelius)
* Fix building with glibc 2.8 (Mike Frysinger)
* Updated library to version 2.1.0 (Nico Schottelius)
Gpm_GetLibVersion behaves more consistent (all numbers are one or two digits)
* Including dynamically generated version from git (Nico Schottelius)

* From 1.20.3 to 1.20.4:
* Corrected typos
* Added automatic local build test
* Fixed SONAME (praise the Debian guys, Jonathan Nieder)
===============

links ChangeLog:

=== RELEASE 2.1pre37 ===

Sun Jun 22 17:07:20 cet 2008 mikulas:

-dump and -source don't lockup on authentication failure

Sat Jun 21 19:58:53 MET 2008 mikulas

Accept broken numbers in HTTP code

Sat Jun 21 18:00:54 cet 2008 mikulas:

Allow '+' in command-line URLs

Thu Jun 12 03:34:53 cet 2008 mikulas:

Erase clipboard on OS/2 before copying to it - this prevents bugs
when copying to/from Mozilla

Mon Jun 9 02:34:24 MET 2008 mikulas:

Process and in form entry "value" attribute

Tue Jun 3 00:22:49 CEST 2008 mikulas:

Fixed various display glitches with 64-bit big endian systems

Sun May 18 21:47:46 CEST 2008 mikulas:

Fixed display quirks on Sparc framebuffer console
Fixed some quirks on 64-bit big endian systems
===============

believed to be clean.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:31 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Eric Belanger
<belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jun 2008, Allan McRae wrote:
>
>> Eric Belanger wrote:
>>>
>>> gpm 1.20.5-1 : Upstream update with soname bump (ChangeLog below)
>>>

>> There is a report on the forums that gphoto2 also needs rebuilt against
>> the new gpm.
>>
>> Allan
>>

> A rebuilt gphoto2 is now in testing. I noticed that xawtv also needed a
> rebuild; it's in testing now.
>
> Please test and signoff ASAP. Ideally, I would like to get this moved to
> core/extra before the db soname bump because we don't want these two
> rebuilds to overlap (xemacs depends on both gpm and db).

Ping guys, I'd gladly test, but my arch laptop is in the shop right now 8(
Any takers from the community members watching this list?

Old 07-01-2008, 03:40 PM
"Dan McGee"

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Eric Belanger
> <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>>> There is a report on the forums that gphoto2 also needs rebuilt against
>>> the new gpm.
>>>
>>> Allan
>>>

>> A rebuilt gphoto2 is now in testing. I noticed that xawtv also needed a
>> rebuild; it's in testing now.
>>
>> Please test and signoff ASAP. Ideally, I would like to get this moved to
>> core/extra before the db soname bump because we don't want these two
>> rebuilds to overlap (xemacs depends on both gpm and db).
>
> Ping guys, I'd gladly test, but my arch laptop is in the shop right now 8(
> Any takers from the community members watching this list?

I'll signoff on all of the original packages (vi, gpm, and links) for i686.

-Dan