Old 06-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Paul Mattal

Default Rebuilds against x264 needed

The following rebuilds against x264 are needed for the soname bump for
new x264 snapshot in testing. I've already done mplayer and ffmpeg.

./extra/avidemux (depends)
./extra/vlc (depends)
./extra/gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins (depends)
./community/lib/libquicktime (depends)

https://dev.archlinux.org/todo/1/

Cheers,
- P

Old 06-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Grigorios Bouzakis

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 08:59:00AM -0400, Paul Mattal wrote:
> The following rebuilds against x264 are needed for the soname bump for
> new x264 snapshot in testing. I've already done mplayer and ffmpeg.
>
> ./extra/avidemux (depends)
> ./extra/vlc (depends)
> ./extra/gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins (depends)
> ./community/lib/libquicktime (depends)
>
> https://dev.archlinux.org/todo/1/

mplayer and ffmpeg need x86_64 rebuilds also.

Greg

Old 06-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Eric Belanger

The following rebuilds against x264 are needed for the soname bump for
new x264 snapshot in testing. I've already done mplayer and ffmpeg.

./extra/avidemux (depends)
./extra/vlc (depends)
./extra/gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins (depends)
./community/lib/libquicktime (depends)

https://dev.archlinux.org/todo/1/

mplayer and ffmpeg need x86_64 rebuilds also.

Greg

I'll build the x86_64 packages tonight or tomorrow if no one else does
them.

believed to be clean.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:46 AM
Eric Belanger

The following rebuilds against x264 are needed for the soname bump for
new x264 snapshot in testing. I've already done mplayer and ffmpeg.

./extra/avidemux (depends)
./extra/vlc (depends)
./extra/gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins (depends)
./community/lib/libquicktime (depends)

https://dev.archlinux.org/todo/1/

mplayer and ffmpeg need x86_64 rebuilds also.

Greg

I'll build the x86_64 packages tonight or tomorrow if no one else does them.

mplayer and ffmpeg have been rebuilt for x86_64.

And:
./extra/avidemux
./extra/vlc
./extra/gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
have been rebuilt for both arches.

Eric

believed to be clean.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:24 AM
Eric Belanger

The following rebuilds against x264 are needed for the soname bump for
new x264 snapshot in testing. I've already done mplayer and ffmpeg.

./extra/avidemux (depends)
./extra/vlc (depends)
./extra/gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins (depends)
./community/lib/libquicktime (depends)

https://dev.archlinux.org/todo/1/

mplayer and ffmpeg need x86_64 rebuilds also.

Greg

I'll build the x86_64 packages tonight or tomorrow if no one else does
them.

mplayer and ffmpeg have been rebuilt for x86_64.

And:
./extra/avidemux
./extra/vlc
./extra/gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
have been rebuilt for both arches.

Eric

I ran lddd and more needed rebuilt for x264:

transcode
libavg
moc
swfdec-mozilla
swfdec

After a simple patch:
sed -i 's|ffmpeg/avformat.h|libavformat/avformat.h|' decoder_plugins/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.c || return 1
moc builds but the rebuilt moc gives a 'FATAL_ERROR: Layout1 is malformed'
then quits.

I use swfdec and swfdec-mozilla so will definitely rebuild these if no one
does. I'll do the rest if I have time.

believed to be clean.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:41 AM
Eric Belanger

[...]

Update: swfdec has been rebuilt for x86_64, swfdec-mozilla doesn't need to
be rebuilt.

believed to be clean.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:04 AM
Eric Belanger

[...]

FYI, I've rebuit:
swfdec
moc
libavg
transcode
for both arches.

believed to be clean.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Paul Mattal

Eric Belanger wrote:

[...]

Adding your items found with lddd to the todo list already in progress,
and putting motion back on the list (due to problems with the initial
builds), I think motion is now the only outstanding item for x264.

Do you concur? If so, I'll hopefully sort that out over the weekend and
we can roll that whole gang out of testing.

https://dev.archlinux.org/todo/1/

- P

P.S. By the way, the interface won't let you do it, but you can do the
following-style URL to edit a todo:

https://dev.archlinux.org/todo/edit/1

This unfortunately also adds packages in testing which happen to be
there-- perhaps I'll get to patching these issues in the dev site django
code.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Eric Belanger

[...]

You should check the packages that (make)depends on ffmpeg to see if they
need to be rebuilt. As ffmpeg depends on x264, they don't have a specific
dependency on x264 but they get linked to x264. The ones that I found
with lddd fall in this category but I didn't had them all installed. One
of us should install the remaining ones and run lddd.

believed to be clean.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Eric Belanger

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008, Eric Belanger wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Jul 2008, Paul Mattal wrote:
>
> > Eric Belanger wrote:

> >> FYI, I've rebuit:
> >> swfdec
> >> moc
> >> libavg
> >> transcode
> >> for both arches.
> >>

> > Adding your items found with lddd to the todo list already in progress, and
> > putting motion back on the list (due to problems with the initial builds), I
> > think motion is now the only outstanding item for x264.
> >
> > Do you concur? If so, I'll hopefully sort that out over the weekend and we
> > can roll that whole gang out of testing.
> >
> > https://dev.archlinux.org/todo/1/
> >
> > - P
>
> You should check the packages that (make)depends on ffmpeg to see if they
> need to be rebuilt. As ffmpeg depends on x264, they don't have a specific
> dependency on x264 but they get linked to x264. The ones that I found
> with lddd fall in this category but I didn't had them all installed. One
> of us should install the remaining ones and run lddd.

I did checked the packages that depended on ffmpeg. Both cmus and
gnash-common needed to be rebuilt. They are now rebuilt and in testing for
both arches. Only motion remains to be rebuilt.

believed to be clean.