Old 06-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Paul Mattal

Default signoff: xfsprogs 2.9.8-1 for i686

Please signoff xfsprogs 2.9.8-1 for i686.

xfsprogs-2.9.8 (21 April 2008)
- Add support for sb_features2 in wrong location in mkfs.xfs,
xfs_repair and xfs_db.
- Improve memory limits for libxfs cache in xfs_repair and added
a -m option to manually limit usage of xfs_repair.
- Add -c option to xfs_admin to turn lazy-counters on/off.
- Added support for mdp in libdisk/mkfs.xfs, thanks to
Hubert Verstraete.
- Add -p option to fsck.xfs, thanks to Markus Rothe.
- Cleanup sys v3 bzero/bcopy calls, thanks to Nigel Kukard.

- P

Old 06-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Eric Belanger

Please signoff xfsprogs 2.9.8-1 for i686.

xfsprogs-2.9.8 (21 April 2008)
- Add support for sb_features2 in wrong location in mkfs.xfs,
xfs_repair and xfs_db.
- Improve memory limits for libxfs cache in xfs_repair and added
a -m option to manually limit usage of xfs_repair.
- Add -c option to xfs_admin to turn lazy-counters on/off.
- Added support for mdp in libdisk/mkfs.xfs, thanks to
Hubert Verstraete.
- Add -p option to fsck.xfs, thanks to Markus Rothe.
- Cleanup sys v3 bzero/bcopy calls, thanks to Nigel Kukard.

- P

Although the '!libtool' option is used, there is a libtool file in the
package: lib/libhandle.la
I'm guessing that makepkg doesn't search /lib for libtool files so it
needs to be manually removed. Of course, I assume that it's not needed.

believed to be clean.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:27 AM
Allan McRae

Eric Belanger wrote:

> Although the '!libtool' option is used, there is a libtool file in the
> package: lib/libhandle.la
> I'm guessing that makepkg doesn't search /lib for libtool files so it
> needs to be manually removed. Of course, I assume that it's not needed.

That is actually a dangling symlink to the actual libtool file which was
removed. Sending to pacman-dev so this can be fixed.

Allan

Old 06-27-2008, 03:34 AM
Allan McRae

Allan McRae wrote:
> Eric Belanger wrote:
>
>> Although the '!libtool' option is used, there is a libtool file in the
>> package: lib/libhandle.la
>> I'm guessing that makepkg doesn't search /lib for libtool files so it
>> needs to be manually removed. Of course, I assume that it's not needed.
>>

> That is actually a dangling symlink to the actual libtool file which was
> removed. Sending to pacman-dev so this can be fixed.

if [ "$(check_option libtool)" = "n" ]; then
msg2 "$(gettext "Removing libtool .la files...")"
find . -type f -name "*.la" -exec rm -f -- '{}' ;
fi

Can we just remove "-type f" from the find statement? I haven't come up
with a problem in my two minutes of thought on the issue...

Allan

Old 06-27-2008, 03:54 AM
"Dan McGee"

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:34 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Allan McRae wrote:
>> Eric Belanger wrote:
>>
>>> Although the '!libtool' option is used, there is a libtool file in the
>>> package: lib/libhandle.la
>>> I'm guessing that makepkg doesn't search /lib for libtool files so it
>>> needs to be manually removed. Of course, I assume that it's not needed.
>>>

>> That is actually a dangling symlink to the actual libtool file which was
>> removed. Sending to pacman-dev so this can be fixed.
>>

> if [ "$(check_option libtool)" = "n" ]; then
> msg2 "$(gettext "Removing libtool .la files...")"
> find . -type f -name "*.la" -exec rm -f -- '{}' ;
> fi
>
> Can we just remove "-type f" from the find statement? I haven't come up
> with a problem in my two minutes of thought on the issue...

Maybe just to be sure, add a '! -type d' clause in its place?

-Dan

Old 06-27-2008, 04:14 AM
Allan McRae

Dan McGee wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:34 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> Allan McRae wrote:

>>> That is actually a dangling symlink to the actual libtool file which was
>>> removed. Sending to pacman-dev so this can be fixed.
>>>

>> if [ "$(check_option libtool)" = "n" ]; then
>> msg2 "$(gettext "Removing libtool .la files...")"
>> find . -type f -name "*.la" -exec rm -f -- '{}' ;
>> fi
>>
>> Can we just remove "-type f" from the find statement? I haven't come up
>> with a problem in my two minutes of thought on the issue...
>>

> Maybe just to be sure, add a '! -type d' clause in its place?

Fair enough because a directory would cause the rm to fail. Although I
will personally hunt down the first software author whose install makes
a directory named in the form foo.la!

Do we care about the case where the symlink foo.la points to a directory
or a non-libtool file? I vote to ignore it until someone comes up with a
real world example...

Allan

Old 06-27-2008, 04:29 AM
"Dan McGee"

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:14 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Dan McGee wrote:

>>> if [ "$(check_option libtool)" = "n" ]; then
>>> msg2 "$(gettext "Removing libtool .la files...")"
>>> find . -type f -name "*.la" -exec rm -f -- '{}' ;
>>> fi
>>>
>>> Can we just remove "-type f" from the find statement? I haven't come up
>>> with a problem in my two minutes of thought on the issue...
>>>

>> Maybe just to be sure, add a '! -type d' clause in its place?
>>

> Fair enough because a directory would cause the rm to fail. Although I
> will personally hunt down the first software author whose install makes
> a directory named in the form foo.la!
>
> Do we care about the case where the symlink foo.la points to a directory
> or a non-libtool file? I vote to ignore it until someone comes up with a
> real world example...

Fine with me, I don't care about that case either until we have a real
counterexample. If you want to make the trivial patch for this issue,
that would be nice. And now that you are a developer Allan, it would
be cool if you could push your git tree somewhere even if it doesn't
have a gitweb attached. I can show you how to do this if you want on
the Arch server.

-Dan

Old 06-27-2008, 04:43 AM
Allan McRae

Dan McGee wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:14 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> Dan McGee wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe just to be sure, add a '! -type d' clause in its place?
>>>
>> Fair enough because a directory would cause the rm to fail. Although I
>> will personally hunt down the first software author whose install makes
>> a directory named in the form foo.la!
>>
>> Do we care about the case where the symlink foo.la points to a directory
>> or a non-libtool file? I vote to ignore it until someone comes up with a
>> real world example...
>>

> Fine with me, I don't care about that case either until we have a real
> counterexample. If you want to make the trivial patch for this issue,
> that would be nice. And now that you are a developer Allan, it would
> be cool if you could push your git tree somewhere even if it doesn't
> have a gitweb attached. I can show you how to do this if you want on
> the Arch server.

Patch on its way...

I will contact you about setting up a git tree on the Arch server.

Allan

Old 06-30-2008, 07:16 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Eric Belanger
<belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Paul Mattal wrote:
>
>> Please signoff xfsprogs 2.9.8-1 for i686.
>>
>> xfsprogs-2.9.8 (21 April 2008)
>> - Add support for sb_features2 in wrong location in mkfs.xfs,
>> xfs_repair and xfs_db.
>> - Improve memory limits for libxfs cache in xfs_repair and added
>> a -m option to manually limit usage of xfs_repair.
>> - Add -c option to xfs_admin to turn lazy-counters on/off.
>> - Added support for mdp in libdisk/mkfs.xfs, thanks to
>> Hubert Verstraete.
>> - Add -p option to fsck.xfs, thanks to Markus Rothe.
>> - Cleanup sys v3 bzero/bcopy calls, thanks to Nigel Kukard.
>>
>> - P
>

> Although the '!libtool' option is used, there is a libtool file in the
> package: lib/libhandle.la
> I'm guessing that makepkg doesn't search /lib for libtool files so it needs
> to be manually removed. Of course, I assume that it's not needed.

Weird. I thought makepkg did a "find $startdir/pkg -name '*.la' -delete"
Dan, is this some sort of weird bug, or am I totally mistaken?

Old 06-30-2008, 07:26 PM
"Dan McGee"

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Eric Belanger
> <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Paul Mattal wrote:
>>
>>> Please signoff xfsprogs 2.9.8-1 for i686.
>>>
>>> xfsprogs-2.9.8 (21 April 2008)
>>> - Add support for sb_features2 in wrong location in mkfs.xfs,
>>> xfs_repair and xfs_db.
>>> - Improve memory limits for libxfs cache in xfs_repair and added
>>> a -m option to manually limit usage of xfs_repair.
>>> - Add -c option to xfs_admin to turn lazy-counters on/off.
>>> - Added support for mdp in libdisk/mkfs.xfs, thanks to
>>> Hubert Verstraete.
>>> - Add -p option to fsck.xfs, thanks to Markus Rothe.
>>> - Cleanup sys v3 bzero/bcopy calls, thanks to Nigel Kukard.
>>>
>>> - P
>>

>> Although the '!libtool' option is used, there is a libtool file in the
>> package: lib/libhandle.la
>> I'm guessing that makepkg doesn't search /lib for libtool files so it needs
>> to be manually removed. Of course, I assume that it's not needed.
>
> Weird. I thought makepkg did a "find $startdir/pkg -name '*.la' -delete"
> Dan, is this some sort of weird bug, or am I totally mistaken?

Taken care of 3 days ago on pacman-dev:
http://code.toofishes.net/gitweb.cgi?p=pacman.git;a=commitdiff;h=d534488f2d0 b6ca9e90591e74af555fe242dfe39