Old 12-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Andreas Radke

Default moving diffutils to core/base

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8802

grub depends on diffutils. i want to move diffutils from core/devel to
core/base to get grub working without anything outside base. any
concerns?

-Andy

Old 12-02-2007, 02:35 PM
"Dan McGee"

On Dec 2, 2007 8:00 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8802
>
> grub depends on diffutils. i want to move diffutils from core/devel to
> core/base to get grub working without anything outside base. any
> concerns?

See bug report comments...

-Dan

Old 12-02-2007, 08:30 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Dec 2, 2007 8:00 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8802
>
> grub depends on diffutils. i want to move diffutils from core/devel to
> core/base to get grub working without anything outside base. any
> concerns?

See http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8793 also. Apparently man needs
diffutils too. While this is annoying, it's probably just going to be
easier for us to move diffutils into core, rather than start a
precedent of patching our core packages to remove deps.

I'd suggest filing upstream bugs for this if it's an issue.

I vote for diffutils in base (sigh)

Old 12-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Andreas Radke

Am Sun, 2 Dec 2007 15:30:00 -0600
schrieb "Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com>:

> On Dec 2, 2007 8:00 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8802
> >
> > grub depends on diffutils. i want to move diffutils from core/devel
> > to core/base to get grub working without anything outside base. any
> > concerns?
>

> See http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8793 also. Apparently man needs
> diffutils too. While this is annoying, it's probably just going to be
> easier for us to move diffutils into core, rather than start a
> precedent of patching our core packages to remove deps.
>
> I'd suggest filing upstream bugs for this if it's an issue.
>
> I vote for diffutils in base (sigh)

further concerns from other devs or can i get another ok to move
diffutils to core/base?

-Andy

Old 12-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Daniel Isenmann

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 20:00:22 +0100
Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:

> further concerns from other devs or can i get another ok to move
> diffutils to core/base?
>
> -Andy

I vote for diffutils in base, too.

Daniel

Old 12-10-2007, 05:48 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Dec 9, 2007 1:16 PM, Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 20:00:22 +0100
> Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> >

> > further concerns from other devs or can i get another ok to move
> > diffutils to core/base?
> >
> > -Andy
>
> I vote for diffutils in base, too.

Yeah, OK'd by me too. Go ahead and move it.