Old 06-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Urgent help needed - Upgrade from 2.1rc to Lenny was fine

Hi

the upgrade from 2.1rc to Lenny was fine. Now it isn't fine any more.
Since I tried to optimize the upgraded 64 Studio for the integrated ATI
Radeon X1250-based graphics, X won't start any more.

Lenny's "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" won't set any graphic settings.
Searching the internet, I had to read, this behaviour is praised as a
feature :S.

While working I lost the backup of the fine xorg.conf by accident.

After this I thought, that I have downgraded to the xorg packages from
the 64 Studio and Etch Repositories, because I only used Synaptic, when
the 64 Studio backports repository and the repository for Lenny were
disabled. Maybe I've forgotten some packages and run deeper into
troubles using apt-get, when I tried to fix the problem.

Still "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" won't set the complete graphic
settings.

All the handcrafted xorg.confs seems to have no valid screens.

I attached the latest disaster xorg.conf to this mail.

Before this, the upgraded 2.1rc to Lenny, with 3 kernels, seems to be
stable .

Can somebody please advice me, how to get the 64 Studio xorg packages I
need, after booting kernel 2.6.21-1-multimedia-amd64 (single-user mode)?

Can someone please add a standard xorg.conf, using the vesa driver at
1024x768?

Cheers,
Ralf
Section "Files"
FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
# path to defoma fonts
FontPath "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
EndSection

Section "Module"
Load "bitmap"
Load "ddc"
Load "dri"
Load "extmod"
Load "freetype"
Load "glx"
Load "int10"
Load "vbe"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
Driver "kbd"
Option "CoreKeyboard"
Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "de"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Configured Mouse"
Driver "mouse"
Option "CorePointer"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Generic Video Card"
Driver "vesa"
BusID "PCI:1:5:0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Generic Monitor"
Option "DPMS"
HorizSync 28-49
VertRefresh 43-72
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen"
Device "Generic Video Card"
Monitor "Generic Monitor"
# DefaultDepth 24
Depth 24
Modes "1024x768"
# EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Default Layout"
Screen "Default Screen"
InputDevice "Generic Keyboard"
InputDevice "Configured Mouse"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
Mode 0666
EndSection

Old 06-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Until now this mail didn't come back to me, by the list server and I get
some Mails that are 2 days old. Sorry that I sent it again.