Old 06-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default "Upgraded 2.1rc" to "Lenny" - Reperation after shutdown and boot

GDM is fine .
Trash is fine, it wasn't before the new boot, but instead of it's old
name KTrash it was named Trash. I renamed it again (because Gnome has
got it's own Trash and the KDE Trash on the desktop). I won't check
Gnome now, because I prefer KDE.
All Icons are fine, but the Envy24Control icon is lost, maybe the
program too. I'll check this later.
Konqueror file and web browser are fine again.
There's a new icon for the Klipper, but the theme is still fine.
Yakuake seems to be fine. KGpg seems to be fine.
Icedove seems to be fine and Iceweasel too.

I'll try to reinstall the lost audio-applications, cinelerra etc. later.
I now have to make a break.

It seems that the lost 64studio and 64studio-themes packages have no
action to my system.

The kernel I booted into is the kernel it should be:

spinymouse@64studio:~$ uname -r
2.6.21-1-multimedia-amd64

Cheers,
Ralf

PS: If I get back all lost applications the upgrade seems to be fine.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:35 PM
dave

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> GDM is fine .
> Trash is fine, it wasn't before the new boot, but instead of it's old
> name KTrash it was named Trash. I renamed it again (because Gnome has
> got it's own Trash and the KDE Trash on the desktop). I won't check
> Gnome now, because I prefer KDE.
> All Icons are fine, but the Envy24Control icon is lost, maybe the
> program too. I'll check this later.
> Konqueror file and web browser are fine again.
> There's a new icon for the Klipper, but the theme is still fine.
> Yakuake seems to be fine. KGpg seems to be fine.
> Icedove seems to be fine and Iceweasel too.
>
> I'll try to reinstall the lost audio-applications, cinelerra etc. later.
> I now have to make a break.
>
> It seems that the lost 64studio and 64studio-themes packages have no
> action to my system.
>
> The kernel I booted into is the kernel it should be:
>
> spinymouse@64studio:~$ uname -r
> 2.6.21-1-multimedia-amd64
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf
>
> PS: If I get back all lost applications the upgrade seems to be fine.

Great news Ralf ;-)

Well done! I wrote this a bit earlier so there may be more now.

# apt-get update
# apt-cache search alsa-tools-gui
# apt-cache show alsa-tools-gui
# apt-get install alsa-tools-gui
For Envy24Control
if its just the icon you need, you should still have it.
you just need to point to it in kde menu editor.

For KDE... you don't need to do this for gnome.
* = all users have access
edit /etc/security/limits.conf
add to the end of file:

* - rtprio 99