Old 10-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Jacob Mansfield

Default Password

good pointJacob Mansfield
Programmer

On 16 October 2010 05:00, Cybe R. Wizard <cyber_wizard@mindspring.com> wrote:

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 21:39:33 +0100

Mansfield wrote:

> and data still cannot leak out of a post it stuck on the back of your

> monitor!

> Jacob Mansfield

> Programmer

Sure, it can. *The Wife (www.suziepaints.com) and I painted at night for

a plumbing business recently (we know the owner) and, while there, I

gathered up 25 *AIX usernames and passwords from post its on monitor

backs and keyboard bottoms that I later passed to the boss just so he

would know how easy it can be. *He regularly has cleaning crews in at

night and had no idea that the employees were keeping those in such

insecure places.

Just think, had /one/ cleaner done the same thing then /all/ the data

could have leaked out.

Cybe R. Wizard

* * * *Winduhs

Old 05-16-2012, 02:16 AM
Matt

I have a file that has a password on it... I don't recall the password.
Is there a away to get the

password back?

Old 05-16-2012, 04:49 AM
Nils Kassube

Matt wrote:
> I have a file that has a password on it... I don't recall the
> password. Is there a away to get the
> password back?

I'm not sure what you mean, but I suppose you have a file that is
password protected. It should not be possible to access such a file
without knowing the password, after all that is the purpose of password
protecting files. However for some file types the protection is not
secure and they can be cracked. Maybe someone can help you further, if
you tell us what file type it is.

Nils

Old 05-16-2012, 06:05 AM
Basil Chupin