Old 05-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Atte André Jensen

Default Suspend + wlan + repos

Hi

I finally had a friend burn a DVD for me, and now I've got 64 studio
running nicely. The computer is a IBM T41 laptop. I have the following
problems that I'd like help with:

1) Suspend (to ram) is not working. I tried install the package
"acpi-support" which gave me more scripts in /etc/acpi, but still no
suspend. In gnome-control-center I cannot chose suspend under Power
management preferences->actions, only *"blank screen" and "do
nothing"... I also installed the package "hibernate" but it gives me this:
ajstrup:/etc/acpi# hibernate-ram
hibernate-ram: No suitable suspend methods were found on your machine.
hibernate-ram: You need to install a kernel with support for suspending to
hibernate-ram: disk or RAM and reboot, then try again.

How do I get closer to suspend? I hope this doesn't mean suspend is
disabled in 64studio...

2) My wlan is an atheros card, that I normally run with (on home-brewn
kernel) the mad-wifi-module.
atte@ajstrup:~$ lspci | grep Ath
02:02.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212
802.11abg NIC (rev 01)
I was happy to find a package called
"madwifi-modules-2.6.21-1-multimedia-486", but on fortunately I'm not
able to get a wireless connection with it, and running iwconfig I get this:
"Warning: Driver for device ath0 has been compiled with version 22
of Wireless Extension, while this program supports up to version 20.
Some things may be broken...". Any ideas?

3) I like to run a thunderbird (2.0) newer than the one installed. What
would be the best way of installing this?

--
Love, peace & harmony
Atte

http://atte.dk | http://myspace.com/attejensen