Old 05-23-2008, 01:25 AM
Gustin Johnson

Default udftools

Old 05-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Daniel James

Hi Gustin,

> I have never had a DVDRam drive (I stay away from non-mainstream
> hardware for my production machines) so I have no idea if this helps him
> or not. Given the price of DVD+-R/RW these days (~$30 CDN which is ~15
> Euros) it would not be worth my time to spend more than 15 minutes
> troubleshooting.

I believe DVD-RAM has some advantages over DVD-RW for certain use cases,
like error correction:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-RAM#Advantages_of_DVD-RAM

Having said that, it's not a format I've ever used myself. I can imagine
the supply of blank media drying up too, as Flash storage gets bigger,
faster and cheaper.

Cheers!

Daniel