Old 05-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default PS: Repositories for Cinelerra / fil-plugins and Rosegarden

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> Everything looks fine, see the attached snapshot.
>>

> Oops, I see it myself .

Installation with synaptic is fine now, resp. this isn't:

"W: GPG error: http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch Release: The
following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
available: NO_PUBKEY 07DC563D1F41B907"

Anyway I trusted.

I run "kate /etc/rc.local" as root and added the needed line "|echo
"0x7fffffff" > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax" before "exit 0".

By the way, sometimes it might be helpful to (backup and) remove
"Cinelerra_rc" in "/home/user/.bcast" and maybe for first use there
isn't the need to reboot, I think it's possible to become root and type
|"|echo "0x7fffffff" > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax" ||into a terminal, but
I'm not sure if this will work too.

With MPEG everything seems to be fine, but it won't run with WMV. *Are
there any video converters recommended* to use with 64studio? As
standard I'm using
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Kvm+(Kde+Video+Menu)?content=50959
but with Suse I needed some more. Also I had to change some defaults
players for Iceweasel to VLC, because some codecs aren't available for
the default players.

Cinelerra is fine. I only need information about video converters and
how to install fil-plugins to get them available for Rosegarden. Kvm
also is fine.

Thank you for this howto: http://www.64studio.com/howto_cinelerra

Cheers,
Ralf