Old 05-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Repositories for Cinelerra / fil-plugins and Rosegarden

Quentin Harley wrote:
> Cinelerra is not in the backports repository at the moment. I made it
> available again on my own repository temporarily (but only for AMD64).
>
> Check out the install howto.
>
> http://www.64studio.com/howto_cinelerra
>
> Quentin

Hi all

oops, I didn't read this until today: "64 Studio cannot include it as
part of the distribution because it has too many patent encumbered
dependencies."

I've still a problem.

Synaptic:

"Could not download all repository indexes

The repository might be no longer available or could not be contacted
because of network problems. If available an older version of the failed
index will be used. Otherwise the repository will be ignored. Check your
network connection and the correct writing of the repository address in
the preferences.

http://www.debian-multimedia.org/dists/deb/etch/binary-amd64/Packages.gz:
404 Not Found
http://www.debian-multimedia.org/dists/deb/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz:
404 Not Found
http://apt.harleystudio.co.za/dists/deb/etch/binary-amd64/Packages.gz:
404 Not Found
http://apt.harleystudio.co.za/dists/deb/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz:
404 Not Found"

There are links, e.g
http://www.debian-multimedia.org/dists/etch/main/binary-amd64/ and
http://apt.harleystudio.co.za/dists/etch/main/binary-amd64/ but I don't
know why Synaptic tries to use another path.

Everything looks fine, see the attached snapshot.

Another thing is, that I don't understand the opaque rank order of the
repositories, resp. packages versions. With Suse's Smart it is absolute
clear to see and understand.

Since I get warned, I do updates with just 4 repositories enabled. Etch,
Etch Updates, 64studio stable and 64 studio testing. Today there is an
upgrade for Audacity. If the Backports is enabled too, there won't be an
upgrade for Audacity any more, just a few other channels would be
"up"-downgraded. Ok, I can imagine how this will work, because of the

Is it okay to upgrade while the 4 repositories I listed above are
enabled? If I've understood it right, it will be okay.

I can't see a difference for the Rosegarden audio plugins if fil-plugins
are installed or not , e.g. there will be no 4 band parametric EQ.

Cheers,
Ralf