Old 05-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default PS: Suggestion for a poll

Hi Gustin

I started with a crack of Cubase on the Atari ST and because it was
fine, I get a regular one. I don't think that they will sell just a low
coast key, if my key get broken, even if they get the broken key to
prove. I don't like such wheeling and dealing. Also I don't like closed
sources. Knowledge must be free. I will pay or trade of, but not only
within Linux. Some people will give help on a voluntary basis for
suffering Africans, other people will repair the televisions of those
people, working on a voluntary basis, for free and some other people
might give them a Linux with Ardour for free and the day might come one
of this African people will write how to use 64studio .

I wasn't able to work on the problems I still have with my Linux,
because I talked to a friend. He assembled a multimedia computer, tested
it with XP and give it to someone who will use it with Vista. The
computer isn't fine with Vista, but to be honest, it also won't be fine
if he will try to use it with Linux, it's the same mobo like mine and
the ATI card is bad for Linux and I don't think that the satellite
receiver card will be fine with Linux. Anyway Vista may work with the
ATI grafics but not with the receiver and he has got problems with the
RAM. Memtest isn't fine with my mobo and the RAMs too, but the 64studio
multimedia kernel is fine with the RAMs ... I can't explain this, I
have some suppositions that might be wrong.

I don't like it, if one Linux project doesn't care about another
project, but I can understand this. They are not one company. Within the
Windows company one project doesn't care about the other, that's why
Vista should be so worse.

I do understand all people being fine with their Windows but I don't
understand why people won't give Linux a chance that have problems with
their Windows. I also can't understand why people will change from XP to
Vista and if they are not fine with Vista, why they don't go back to XP.
I can't understand why people will have more than 4MB RAM using Vista
although Vista can't do anything with more than 4MB, resp. 3,xMB plus
framebuffer for an integrated gfxcard.

The right way for me are distros like 64studio. I do not need to test
several realtime kernels, I do not have to become user of the group
audio any more and I do not have to edit limits.conf AND there isn't the
need to know about this things. I wish Linux will become so comfortably
in every department.

A distro like Suse will make it easy to configure gfxcards, one click
and you can use DVDRAM etc. and I think it should be possible to have
both, the comfort of 64studio and Suse in one distro.

Cheers,
Ralf