Old 05-15-2008, 11:19 AM
"Peter Geirnaert"

Default results

Hi,

Just to share my testing results ...

So , after setting the qjackctl Frames/Buffer to 16 ,
I was laughing and in a way almost sure I would get xruns, but no,
everything ran fine

I didn't take the time to check my BIOS settings yet (M1010 is still at irq 185, the onboard at irq 209), but it seems the M1010 now always is the standard output.

If I don't get problems with it, I prefer to keep the onboard card activated
(could become useful with Skype e.g. , or to save some electricity when I don't need the big speakers and mix table)

One small inconvenience is I always have to exit any other programs that used the sound card (iceweasel e.g.) before I can start qjackctl.

But this ain't so very bad 'cause it'll get me focused to just the music.

0.726 msec latency, no xruns, sending lots of MIDI notes , pitch & cc's from the M2x2 and the M1010 inputs to amSynth & Hydrogen ) (P4 2.4Ghz, 512 RAM)

Looks like it's becoming the best software DAW set-up I've ever had, and my urgent need for more RAM has vanished like the money usually does.

Big thanks to all people involved in this project , damn I had fun playing these sounds !

Cheers
Peter

Old 05-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Daniel James

Hi Peter,

> *0.726 msec latency, no xruns*, sending lots of MIDI notes , pitch & cc's
> from the M2x2 and the M1010 inputs to amSynth & Hydrogen ) (*P4 2.4Ghz,
> 512 RAM*)

I had this setup in my previous studio running DeMuDi, it was very capable.

> Looks like it's becoming the best software DAW set-up I've ever had, and my
> urgent need for more RAM has vanished

Can we quote you on that? :-)

http://www.64studio.com/people_say

Cheers!